Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4th Quarter new kit announcements

Are you freaking kidding me? :o Another 96 Crown Wick???????????? :rolleyes:

NEW TOOL? What can you do that's NEW with a '96 Crown Wick? Why not invest the money in a new Police Interceptor? Even an early 90's brick Crown Wick? Or a new Caprice, 2006-2011 Impala? Hey! How about a late 80's Caprice??? TONS of rational ideas.

WHY the hey waste the money tooling up the lamest Crown Wick? :angry:

I . . . just . . . don't . . . understand. :wacko:

Yeah, but they're making a big deal about Lindberg kits being made in the US and the Crown Vic was a J Lloyd-era made in China kit, so it doesn't really fit into the Lindberg line going forward. Maybe Revell bought it? Makes more sense than them tooling it up from scratch.

It's not in the regular snap-tite lineup, but in the build 'n play, don't think they're gonna contaminate the original concept

Edited by Luc Janssens

Maybe Revell bought it? Makes more sense than them tooling it up from scratch.

But it says new mold, so if they did buy it from Round2, I cant see how it could be a new mold , or am I missing something ?

Hell, I'd even take a plastic kit of the last Crown Vic (98-11') thats been dead for 4 years now....but this 95-97 body, cmon....

Jeff

That is what I am saying, yes, that is what we need, the 98-2011 body style, I would be in for about two cases of that body style if that day ever comes, and thats just to start with.

But it says new mold, so if they did buy it from Round2, I cant see how it could be a new mold , or am I missing something ?

That is what I am saying, yes, that is what we need, the 98-2011 body style, I would be in for about two cases of that body style if that day ever comes, and thats just to start with.

It's new to them! Just doesn't make sense any other way. No way they tooled that up from scratch, with the same chrome grille/headlight unit, same mirrors, same divider, it's gotta be the Lindberg kit.

Yeah, but they're making a big deal about Lindberg kits being made in the US and the Crown Vic was a J Lloyd-era made in China kit, so it doesn't really fit into the Lindberg line going forward. Maybe Revell bought it? Makes more sense than them tooling it up from scratch.

It's currently in the Lindberg catalog, and they just stocked a bunch of them over to Japan. After the big "Fire Sale" they did a few years back that involved thousands of those Crown Vic kits, can they still have NoS kits lying around?

It's new to them! Just doesn't make sense any other way. No way they tooled that up from scratch, with the same chrome grille/headlight unit, same mirrors, same divider, it's gotta be the Lindberg kit.

Or they just used a Lindberg Crown Vic for the flyer. I don't expect to get a real '14 Mustang or '14 Corvette in the kit box, and that Torino looks suspiciously like the 1/18th diecast car Ertl did. They obviously don't have REAL kits to use, that Rabbit...err Golf is going to release in a month or two on the German side of things, and they're still using the stock footage of the real car that Revell AG used when they announced it back in January.

Take a look the police car looks like the mold has been stolen from lindberg 10408564_817810348251234_381305848766120

my lindberg cop. they look the same

398793_416909385005663_1429116013_n.jpg

It shows that they are not really listening to us. It is a great idea to market some simple snappers aimed for the kids, but we all know that adult modelers buy a lot of them too. Why are they doing that interration of the Crown Vic? The old Lindburg Crown Vic. is still easy to get on the secondary market at cheap prices. The last body style Crown Vic would be a great seller as a model kit, especially with some added engine detail, similar to the 1990's Caprice. They could spin it off into a Taxi Cab in NYC, or Chicago Livery, and then do it as a Mercury Marauder. As a police car, a selection of 2-3 period roof lights, and police equipment would be good, and leave the holes in the roof and pillars flashed over for an undercover/civilian car. It would be a better seller than the last Chevy Caprice police car from the 90's, as well as the Chevy Impala snap kit, or the Dodge Charger. Just make the body contours true to the real car, and not toy-like, and they would have a winner.

I predict that we will get some un-painted versions of the C-7 Corvette in the near future, as a lot of us are not going to buy kits to strip the paint from and re-finish. Look at the Polar Light's kits from the last decade.

I would like to know what "figures" are included in the Surfite and in the Showboat. Ed Roth & Tommy Ivo? (kinda obvious but you never know). I wish they had PREPAINTED figures in them like the carroll Shelby figure in one or another Shelby car.

jb

I was wrong about the torino. Impressed, aand.curious to see how.accurate the.body is.

Golf looks cool, and I've never owned that '55 panel. That's on my list for sure.

Any info on the 911?. I know it's an old monogram tool.

Any good?

Edited by LVZ2881

God, I love that one so. Maybe I'll take one for the team, work from the Model King stock car or get an unobtainium JoHan to bash with the Revell mechanicals, just so they can announce their kit as I'm getting the bumpers on...

This build was a parts box build with a Model King body, interior and chassis from a broke up promo and Otaki wheels and tires.

Kinda a Clint Eastwood....kinda a FnF Torino.

A place holder until we get a 72 GT......

TORINO721-vi.jpg

I was wrong about the torino. Impressed, aand.curious to see how.accurate the.body is.

Golf looks cool, and I've never owned that '55 panel. That's on my list for sure.

Any info on the 911?. I know it's an old monogram tool.

Any good?

The 55 panel could use some new wheels already gees!

The 911-It is not of good quality.

Edited by blubaja

I'm happy with the Torino!!

But REALLY dissapointed about the Ford police car, why bringnig us stuff that Lindberg already done by millions in the last 10 years or so...

Is it so hard to give us the last version of this iconic police car, which to me looks far better....a 2008 or newer would have been more desirable to me!!!

Why would i bother buying stuff i already have in my stash (because it will be a snapper too)!!

Or is it just a picture of the Lindberg model they used for their catalog??? LOL...

I'm happy with the New Vette too..

And those simplified models will do the job with the youg builders!!

My understanding is that the reason there hasn't been a 1998-2012 Crown Vic hasn't been produced is that someone (maybe Motor Max?) has an exclusive 1/24 or 1/25 license agreement with Ford. I do know that the only 1/24 model of the 98-2012 is produced by MotorMax as a diecast. Welly, another diecast maker, has the 98-2012 Crown Victoria in 1/27 scale. Testors had one too in 1/24, but that was a reboxed Motormax.

Edited by SSNJim

Funny.. I just started on a 1990 issue Revell VW/Golf racecar. The Dave Rosenblum/Valvoline version. I used to have a '77 Rabbit nd it'd be neat to do a stock replica of that hunk-a-junk <_<

The flyer says "new tool" ..Hope they did as good a job as the 68' Bug!

Life's good.