Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4th Quarter new kit announcements

It wouldn't shock me if it had decals for the Rabbit GTi as Revell U.S. tends to put different decals in the reboxes (as seen in the Ferraris, Audis, and '68 Beetle) with U.S. tags. Since the Golf logos are probably decals, it wouldn't be hard to swap them into Rabbit ones.

Since you can't order the Mk. 1 Golf Cabriolet from Tower Hobbies I'm guessing that's getting reboxed to as a 1Q 2015 release.

It's new to them! Just doesn't make sense any other way. No way they tooled that up from scratch, with the same chrome grille/headlight unit, same mirrors, same divider, it's gotta be the Lindberg kit.

I agree with Brett, It's most likely the Lindberg or should I say former Lindberg kit. I have pretty good reason to believe that there were a very small number tools that Round 2 wasn't able acquire as part of the Hawk-Lindberg deal. My guess this is one of them and Revell grabbed it. It's really the only way it makes sense to me.

-Steve

In the flyer, the S&H is right next to the Snap Tite '14 Corvette, so one might assume for a minute that "Snap Tite" applies to the whole row. If you examine it, though, each model in that row has its own caption, so that should clarify the Torino's case some.

It also appears that the Corvette is a snapper distinct from the Snap Tite "Build 'n Play" kits listed at the top - so it's more in the mold of the '10 Mustang convertible or Enzo, perhaps? Shared tooling with the predecorated glue kit maybe?

You know full well reading is far beyond some people's skill set.

My dad drove a 1976 Torino; It wasn't S&H, but it was a cool car. My brother LOVES those cars. He's already pumped about trying to convert one to Dad's car. I might do the same.

Am I the only one who cares about the Rabbit? (Not Golf, but Rabbit - that's what those cars are to me!)

LOSER HATCH ATTACK! Someone had to scream it, it might as well be me! I NEED a Rabbit to super-loser up my collection. With that weak styling, coal-oily bumper bits and those hubs that look rusty and welfare right from the factory, you KNOW I can hardly wait.

Your not the only one who wants a Rabbit. I stated that a few postings back. I would prefer if it was a GTI. But, a regular 1st gen, US spec plain Rabbit is OK with me.

Scott

I had an 84 GTi and really liked it for awhile. at 50k miles, literally a day after the warranty expired, it started having problems: overheating, A/C giving out, CV joints making noise, etc, that I offed it and bought an Eagle Talon AWD Turbo. that was kinda a piece of junk too...

but the GTi? definitely not a "loser hatch" in my book. it was pretty awesome in a high speed corner with the rear swinging out there and the front sticking on to its track.

nothing beats front engine/rear drive though in my book.

jb

Wasn't that Porsche released not to long ago?

The last time it was released was right after the Revell/Monogram merger in a twin pack with the Slant Nose Convertible. That Slant Nose 911 has been reissued since then, but the 911 Turbo hasn't been out since the mid-90s.

I'm really interested in the Torino. I hope it includes some form of stock wheels.

If you decide not to use those 5-slots, please let me know so I can try and make some kind of deal with you. I may be looking for other sets of these as well.

Edited by Monty

Real happy to see that S & H Torino announced. Safe bet that a 72 fastback will be a future variation, that's the next logical variation. And those cars are finally getting some overdue appreciation in the 1:1 car world, too.

I hope your right about a '72. I've love the real car from the first time I saw it previewed in the magazines of the day. That open "fish mouth" grille just looked right to me. The fastback is my favorite body style for that year Torino. But, I like the whole Torino line. All body styles looked good to me for '72. Even the plain low line, non "fish mouth", Torinos. Plus Mercury's Montego line up looked great that year too. And the dashboard, especially with optional gauge package looked cool too. And lastly, that year's Ranchero looked great too. A good year for Ford's mid size, redesigned, line of cars.

Scott

AGREED!!!!

Ditto!!

Remember in the late 80s sending Revell a A3 format black and white picture of a '72 GTS (Back in the day, around new year, I would sent them a wish list with photo(copy's) and drawings I made.

Also remember a movie, in which a red '72 jumped from a riverbank onto a ferry boat (I think it was)

And 3rd. the first Jo-Han kit I bought at a store, was the molded in yellow '72 Grand Torino Snapper, and when asking the hobby shop owner for a Jo-han catalog, he looked at me, like I was from Mars, but it started my Jo-Han admiration.

;^)

Edited by Luc Janssens