Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4th Quarter new kit announcements

I think they can wallow in their own excrement, and call it caviar. :)

Revelation came today. The "Why" is same as the "why" people don't use spell-check, develop irrational beliefs about Ebola, immigration, perfection vs. adequate, and how a responsible business should work.

Back to my styrene Chaparral 2J that arrived today. It's doors and roof are just fine. :)

I think they can wallow in their own excrement, and call it caviar. :)

Revelation came today. The "Why" is same as the "why" people don't use spell-check, develop irrational beliefs about Ebola, immigration, perfection vs. adequate, and how a responsible business should work.

Back to my styrene Chaparral 2J that arrived today. It's doors and roof are just fine. :)

Styrene Chaparral 2J? Who makes that? And can you show us photos?

Scott

This decade? How about this CENTURY?

Could they not build and play around a new car with their new Mustang? Nobody over here is still patrolling the streets in a car that in that body style was last produced SEVENTEEN year ago

You know what the REAL irony of that is? When Lindberg released their kit of that body style Crown Vic they were given a ration of flack over it being released AFTER the body style changed to the 1998-2011 body. Here we are SIXTEEN years later and we're kicking another one of them out?

You haven't been to New Bedford lately. They're still running brick LTDs for unmarkeds!

I do agree the '98-'11 would've been great, though, especially with 2-3 wheel and grille options for a range of replication options.

Some nice releases coming, though. I'll probably get a Torino- build it as a normal car. I might even get a Rabbit just because I remember so many of them when I was a kid.

Charlie Larkin

I am going to buy the Revell Torino, and maybe a few. It looks pretty good despite the complaints.

I think many are going to be combined with 72 race bodies to make stock 72s

I'm glad that I bought a couple of the '72 Nascar bodies while they were cheap. I may do the '72 before I do the '74.

My understanding is that the reason there hasn't been a 1998-2012 Crown Vic hasn't been produced is that someone (maybe Motor Max?) has an exclusive 1/24 or 1/25 license agreement with Ford. I do know that the only 1/24 model of the 98-2012 is produced by MotorMax as a diecast. Welly, another diecast maker, has the 98-2012 Crown Victoria in 1/27 scale. Testors had one too in 1/24, but that was a reboxed Motormax.

I would so love a few of the later ones, such a shame if thats the reason

The only thing that would be good about the new snap tite (are there any pics online yet?) would be if the scuff strips are not moulded on

I am wondering if the JoHan Torino could be mated up to the Revell chassis. It would take some doing, and an interior, but it would make a nice product for a resin caster.

The '76 is interesting, and if they make a nice body in the final version, I will probably grab a couple. (One stock, one light commercial) but a '72 would empty out my wallet and fill up my shelves! I do hope Revell makes a good one.

Speaking of conversions and/or different versions Revell could do.......

i004920.jpg

The 'Dudes' Torino.......I always wanted to build this one....but between 4 doors, notch roof and nose too much work to convert a 72......but a 76 ????

Maybe a can do.

The rear bumper is same as a 72......

Edited by Dave Van

Speaking of conversions and/or different versions Revell could do.......

The 'Dudes' Torino.......I always wanted to build this one....but between 4 doors, notch roof and nose too much work to convert a 72......but a 76 ????

Maybe a can do.

The rear bumper is same as a 72......

The Dude's car was a '73 Gran Torino IIRC...and the 4dr has a 4 inch longer wheelbase also.

The Dude's car was a '73 Gran Torino IIRC...and the 4dr has a 4 inch longer wheelbase also.

Correct....it's a 73. But the 73 used the 72 rear bumper so we have that. Kinda remembered it had a longer WB.....5/32 of an inch I may just try and fake it.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see a 77 TBird version done later with all these common parts.

Me TOO! Kinda wonder if this is the thinking behind the S&H kit.???

Agreed! Not much work to make a '77 into a '78 so I could replicate my 1:1. Heck, I'd even send Revell any of the measurements or references that they would need!

I hope your right about a '72. I've love the real car from the first time I saw it previewed in the magazines of the day. That open "fish mouth" grille just looked right to me. The fastback is my favorite body style for that year Torino. But, I like the whole Torino line. All body styles looked good to me for '72. Even the plain low line, non "fish mouth", Torinos. Plus Mercury's Montego line up looked great that year too. And the dashboard, especially with optional gauge package looked cool too. And lastly, that year's Ranchero looked great too. A good year for Ford's mid size, redesigned, line of cars.

Scott

I can't wait until the S&H Torino comes out. My cousin bought new the last production serial numbered S&H Torino in '76. He owned it and hardlky drove it until he passed in 2006. After he passed I don't know what his wife did with the car. I want to build one to remember him by.

Also I grew up around the Montegos. My Grandfather had a '72 Montego MX Brougham 4 Dr, Black Cherry with a black interior and a 351 Cleveland under the hood. It stayed in the family until 2004 and I drove it. It was a beast. My grandfather did not have power assist brakes and it was scary trying to stop that thing. My Dad hadd a '73 MX Brouham, copper 2 Dr with white vynil and brown inserts and he put on magnum 500 rims. Sharp car but rust prone and it had a list of problems mechanically after it got rear ended. I would love to recreate my dad's car as well.

Edited by GasPunkAlley