Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRE 240Z

Belugawrx

Entered this into the Scale Model Addict, Big Spring Contest '16

I've got three months to finish it...:mellow: Might be close...

Going to do it up as a 'vintage' racer, to fit into this years theme..'Restored / Repaired' 

Back in 1970 Peter Brock (Brock Racing Enterprises) and his team, won the SCCA C-production class, and the next year, did the same!

I will be adding some aftermarket details,..Distributor, wheels / tires,..etc.

Thanks for looking in, All Q,C+C's welcome

Can't see the images at work but look forward to seeing them at home. I had Peter Brock call my dad to wish him a happy birthday last year. My dad is a Z nut and has 5 immaculate examples (2 with under 40k miles). He bought his first in 71 after he saw Jon Morton race the BRE car at Road Atlanta. He got to have breakfast with Jon at Z con a few years ago.

Good to have you Gents along,...Bill that is the championship at Road Atlanta...Man you guys are everywhere

Oh yeah hey Brandon...I remember that Pic of your Dad's carsz, cool stuff

Ethan needs an update,...already?

Spent the last 2 hours,....doing this

Maybe something finer on the trumpets ,.....?

IMG_5273%20600x450_zpsxlz23jag.jpg

More to come

QCC's

Cheers

Edited by Belugawrx

X2. Looks like Road Atlanta in your photo. I was there. 

Looks like you've already made a good choice in wheel upgrades too. :D

Road Atlanta for sure........we ran there about six times during our SCCA racing days......we had a Holman Moody built Datsun 260Z......we never won there....but beat Paul Newman in a close race one year!!  

Built a few of these kits....need to photo them!!! will be watching!

but of course,..Those are Pegasus 19" sleeves'n tire set,..but,  I do have coming,...these,.,. from Fireball  fmr-049_samples_small.jpg (hope you don't mind Joseph)-_-

Mosport was a good layout for these guys too VARAC

Needless to say, not alot of bumpin'+ rubbin' these days, but fast

And the View from Moss' Corner

started with the body,thinning the scale..

IMG_5282%20600x450_zpsbvkakmdk.jpg

beforeIMG_5301%20600x450_zpsqtltotfv.jpg

AfterIMG_5302%20600x450_zpsqcg5srpi.jpg

Told Jake, I'll get him a new uniform,....

Ya,.. he snapped right into line,...

Then I got to the dry fit mockup stage,....

Visions of this,,...?

IMG_5280%20600x450_zpsztcuztth.jpg

To this,....WAKE UP CALL

IMG_5309%20600x450_zpsyslvcc9d.jpg

Anyone see a problem here,...?  I do, the front end needs to be lowered,......a scale 10 - 11 ":lol::lol:  I see a new Engine bay, and maybe frame here,...

I'll be back...

Oh, I did find a playmate for the Z

IMG_5310%20600x450_zpswy1psqhi.jpg

just thinkin,...might enter it in dio,..too

Cheers

Edited by Belugawrx

I am working on this model as well.  I too was not impressed with the side draft carbs detail.  I have two kits because I messed up the first body with some Alclad Candy Red that looked just way to anodized and plastic looking. I grinded down the tubes and am going to look at a couple of stores to find some super short metal tubing and then add something to create the trumpets.  What was it that you added to make the trumpets on your kit?  It looks great so far I am definitely going to be following this thread! 

What was it that you added to make the trumpets on your kit?  It looks great so far I am definitely going to be following this thread! 

Some use the small metal ferrules that you can find in the sewing section at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc.

I only added the rings to the ends,...

they still look a little clunky, but, I won't be looking that closely,..

The outside of the interior panels need their wings clipped at the front of the door panels, and at the rear

Otherwise I would be cracking the paint trying to get that body around them,..

The front suspension,...other than cutting off the disc and spindle, and moving it up the shock, there really isn't any other way,...

Keep you posted,...

• 2 weeks later...