Model Cars Magazine Forum

Roll Call! NNL East is less than a week away! Who's going? Whatcha bringin'??

MrObsessive

I'll be leaving Central PA here around noon or so Friday (I'm taking the day off) and hope to be at The Tilted Kilt sometime before 3PM. Now with Friday traffic and all, it may be later----------could be sooner.

I'm just bringing two models.........you've seen this of course.....

30:481921710783

And this.............

Pa285471

I don't know how some of you guys do it by bringing multiples of models! The writing descriptions alone would kill me, not to mention I'm not a big fan of riding models in the car. I guess I'm paranoid, but I get nervous trying to carry them down the stairs, despite the fact that they're well packed in a case, and in an upright toolbox I have.

BTW, I'll try to remember to bring along a name tag. I'm a hard guy to miss seeing (and hearing), but it'll be nice if others would have name tags also so I can put a name to the face.

Everyone who's traveling a great distance to be there-------------DRIVE SAFELY and DEFENSIVELY! New Jersey drivers are not that far behind New Yorkers when it comes to driving! ;)

I'll be there. On Friday, two hour drive to Toronto. Pick a couple of suspects up. Drive 2 more hours to Kingston. Pick another suspect up and another 7 or so hours and we'll be at the Ramada. I can't wait! Look forward to seeing everyone in Jersey.

I should be there sometime around 6 PM on Friday with my buddy Tom Valenta.  He's driving up to western PA by Wednesday evening from his home in NC.  We'll hang out at my home on Thursday, and hit the road to NJ by about noon on Friday the latest.  I'll be bringing 4 models with me ('25 Ford T-Bucket, '56 Cadillac, '56 Mercury, and '56 Chrysler for the NNL 30 Theme.

Besides meeting people in the Ramada's lobby, I'll be meeting 2 old friends, one of whom I used to be in a band with, for dinner & Margaritas at the Tilted Kilt.  Should be a great reunion as I haven't seen my old band mate in 16 years. 

Wife and I will be in Wayne around 3pm Friday on other side of Wayne near my brother-in-law. We'll most likely go out to eat at a magnificent restaurant nearby, so I can't do burgers Friday night. My wife's family was in the Patterson area, so NNL East is a real family get together. And we'll be out of Wayne early to travel south to my son's place.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some while I'm cruising the tables. The plan is to have my Cannonball 2016 Ferrari 250 GTO

Finished%20DSC_1861_zpswm6senzh.jpg

I also have a Mystery Build that will making a finished appearance (!) at the show ...

workbench%20DSC_2029_zpslbuxqdzh.jpg

Edited by Foxer

I am driving down Thursday. My boss gave me the extra day off (I am self-employed :) ) Friday I am heading to the Englishtown Raceway Swap Meet with a couple of guys (some people say the swap meet is a waste of time but with 3,000 vendors and 300 plus cars, there might be something to look at :) ). Friday off to dinner with some friends and then to the Tilted Kilt for a gab session. I have a handful of cars including my 24 hour build, some 63 Novas, some concept cars :) . Gee Bill, since you lost all that weight, I might not recognize you :) Are you still 6'3" with a 5 foot smile :) 

I will be there for the first time!  Going to both the friday night eats, and the show.

I will have all of these..

my most recent build.

..and probably pack up a couple of my works in progress.

I will try and find some name-tags and put my board name on them... but im not hard to miss, mid-30s bearded spikey hair dude... It will be great to meet people in person.

Very excited to make the trip over friday!

Morgan Automotive Detail, Missing Link and Motor City Resin will be leaving our Batcave about 8:00am Friday morning. What are we bringing?? A 15 passenger van full of resin and detail parts.

Yeah, Brother! I'm looking forward to what the guys in DRAG are bringing to the show. Wait! Something about that doesn't sound right.....;) See you in Jersey, Kris.

Leaving Campbellford bright and early Friday morning to meet up with Steve in Belleville and then heading down.  Taking at least 3 models and Steve has a box full also, we should arrive around 3 or 4.  I am hoping name tags will be the new norm every NNL East, makes it much easier to meet people especially if you are not that well at meeting others.  Looking so forward to this all year. 

Just a quick note-  We've made an agreement with the food vendor at the PAL hall to open at 6:30am.  You will be able to buy breakfast and coffee. Enter the building through the glass doors at the left back corner of the building.  There is a small vestibule there with restrooms and the food counter.   Please let others on line know! 

We wanted to make people on line a bit more comfortable as well as helping the PAL with fund raising!

I'll be leaving tomorrow about this time along with Bill Borgen, Todd Wingerter and Ken Andrus so we should be there in time for the dinner.

I'm only bringing two or three but one of them will be special.  I've been quietly working on a project for Dave Metzner for the last two months. It's so new I'm not sure if Dave's ready to announce it yet but I got the OK to bring it.   You're probably just going to have to spot it on the tables.

See you all tomorrow !

Steve

Looks like a great show. To far away to attend of course. I hope that someone will post picture for those of use that can't attend.  

I'll be posting and I know many more will too ... the 'East is always well covered by the fans!