Model Cars Magazine Forum

New On-Line Tutorial - Hot Rod Hints Chapter #1

I recently developed a series of "Hot Rod Hints" articles, brief "how-tos" on relatively easy steps builders can take to personalize your traditional hot rod model projects.

The first "Hot Rod Hints" shows how to add real wood bows to the open tops of your coupe and sedan hot rod model projects.DSC 1004

Your reaction (primarily the number of visitors and views at the link below) will determine whether I continue this approach in the future. so please notify your other hot rod building friends and ask them to take a look too.

Here's the link....nine images and captions for your reading and building enjoyment....

Thanks for looking checking this out, and I hope this inspires a few new traditional hot rod model projects. Check back soon for Hot Rod Hints, Chapter Two. Thanks for your interest....TIMDSC 0045

Edited by tim boyd

Heh....thanks guys for the great reaction and feedback!  Really encouraged that you find value and worthy ideas here....

There will be three additional Hot Rod Hints "Chapters" as follows...

Hot Rod Hints #2 - Adding a hopped Flathead Ford V8 to your Traditional Hot Rod Model - available for viewing early February

Hot Rod Hints #3 - Details Make the Difference - available for viewing around the beginning of March.

Hot Rod Hints #4 - Finishing Touches (little things you can do to personalize your scale hot rod builds from all the others on the table at your local club meet, NNL, or contest...) - available for viewing in Mid March.  

Thanks again everyone....and please make sure to post pictures for us to see of any models you build using one or more of these ideas!  Best Regards...TIM