Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shizuoka Hobby Show 2017, Few More Pic's Added.

The Carina really baffles me.  Other than it raced in Macau I don't really understand why Beemax would want to kit it.

If I were asked to come up with a Super Touring subject, the Audi A4 or the Alfa 155/156 would be my only choices.  The rest would be tough sells, eventhough I'd really want a Vauxhall Cavalier or Mansell's Mondeo.

The Carina really baffles me.  Other than it raced in Macau I don't really understand why Beemax would want to kit it.

If I were asked to come up with a Super Touring subject, the Audi A4 or the Alfa 155/156 would be my only choices.  The rest would be tough sells, eventhough I'd really want a Vauxhall Cavalier or Mansell's Mondeo.

It also ran in the BTCC where it won the Privateer Championship several years in a row, and was also entered by a pair of factory backed teams which had some moderate success as well.  Toyota was either 2nd or 3rd in the Manufacturer's Points during those seasons also.

Good stuff...had heard about some of them previously.   Looking forward to the Porsche and Volvo, maybe some of the others also.   I like Beemax's approach of building race cars as race cars strictly, rather than a compromised approach. 

Very interesting indeed. It looks as if these kits are all curbside though. Possibly with the exception of the Lancia. Is there any information on detail level of these ones.

Everything but the Liberty Walk GTR and the Diablo GT-R from Aoshima will curbside,  the level of detail is better than most of the US kits at the moment, even without have a engine.

Everything but the Liberty Walk GTR and the Diablo GT-R from Aoshima will curbside,  the level of detail is better than most of the US kits at the moment, even without have a engine.

Too bad. It baffles me why we get stuck with curbsides so many times. At least once I would have liked a complete quattro driveline, and I am sure alot of people wanted the tii motor for the BMW.  Maybe there will be a diecast I can rob the underhood detail from.