Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 Ford coupe

bbowser

10 hours ago, Lovefordgalaxie said:

I love it.

Even the color looks correct.

A black wash on the grille, and installing the body color rings on the hubcaps will make it look even better, 

Thanks for all the kind comments.  Tulio, the grille and horn covers do have a black wash, doesn't show up in the pics very well.  I debated about the trim rings, I think I will dig them out and add them as you suggest.:)

It's the AMT kit.  The hardtop is separate from the body and had to have the seam filled in.

10 hours ago, bbowser said:

Thanks for all the kind comments.  Tulio, the grille and horn covers do have a black wash, doesn't show up in the pics very well.  I debated about the trim rings, I think I will dig them out and add them as you suggest.:)

It's the AMT kit.  The hardtop is separate from the body and had to have the seam filled in.

Maybe the wash is too subtle. The rings on the hubcaps are kind of necessary. On the 1:1 hubcap, that separate ring the AMT kit has, is not separate, it's part of the hubcap itself, just painted body color. A way to do a correct hubcap without the body color bits, is to foil the separate rings, and glue them to the hubcaps. 

20 hours ago, Lovefordgalaxie said:

Maybe the wash is too subtle. The rings on the hubcaps are kind of necessary. On the 1:1 hubcap, that separate ring the AMT kit has, is not separate, it's part of the hubcap itself, just painted body color. A way to do a correct hubcap without the body color bits, is to foil the separate rings, and glue them to the hubcaps. 

I put another coat of wash and added the trim rings.  You're right, looks better!

DSCN3751.JPG

DSCN3752.JPG

Very nice looking coupe.  The occasional bone-stock build is necessary, and that one is a beauty.  One question, was your interior bucket thicker on the passenger door than on the drivers door?  I have two different versions of this kit and both of them have the lopsided interior.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:12 PM, TarheelRick said:

Very nice looking coupe.  The occasional bone-stock build is necessary, and that one is a beauty.  One question, was your interior bucket thicker on the passenger door than on the drivers door?  I have two different versions of this kit and both of them have the lopsided interior.

I don't recall it being lopsided, but it could have been.