Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Reventon...onto the body

Dann Tier

Heres another bit of an update....Air boxes in, third brake light, license plate, and brakes in the process.

-Photo 1; Since there was an annoying lack of detail to the kits rotors.....the hub area, I decided to use PE bits from an Aventador. I painted them semi-gloss black, and will further detail them after they are attached. The side markers are ready to be attached next.

-Photo 2; Here you can actually see the lack of detail....this kit cost me $95, you would think that it would fully detail ALL the few parts in the kit. Second from the left is the starting point....Hot Rod Gray Primer.

-Photo 3; The air boxes fit the look well!

-Photo 4;  The third brake light from my Pagani kit totally fit with ZERO mods!

DSCF8166.JPG

DSCF8165.JPG

DSCF8169.JPG

DSCF8167.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, i'm picking up momentum here!, after I get these Lights finished, it wont be long!  My original idea to replicate the LED's, was to drill holes for each one, then use clear fishing line to simulate. This would have worked great, had it not been for the DEEP ejector marks on the back side. The plastic was thin in some spots, thick in others, so my bit traveled just enough to make things look stupid!....even broke a bit at one point. I already had a backup plan, so after carefully flowing Plast-Zap into the LED channels, I was ready for round two!

-Photo 1; Here are the taillights after the repair....good to go!

-Photo 2; These are the new LED's. They are PE dots that I painted with a mixture of white, and gloss clear(50/50) to help simulate the look.

-Photo 3; The instuctions tell you to paint these lighter areas red......WRONG!!!!!, they are suppose to be a Steel-like kolor. the kolor I used here was flat aluminum, but after sleeping on it, I will be redoing them today with a darker shade of aluminum. For the back-up lights, I first applied chrome silver as a base, then did a mix of white(1/4), and Gloss Clear(3/4). After that dried, I carefully filled-up the remaining space with straight gloss clear.

-Photo 4; I often use this stuff for replicating side markers, reflectors..etc.  I will be using it to make the reflectors under the back-ups. I will stick the clear red to the chrome sticker for better reflection.

DSCF8177.JPG

DSCF8187.JPG

DSCF8188.JPG

DSCF8189.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Now its time for the headlamps!! 

-Photo 1; Here are the real thing..

-Photo 2; Heres where it is now. To make the top LED's look like the real ones, I will mix a tad bit of yellow, with a higher amount of gloss clear. The front, rectangular lights will be interesting.....I will try to individually make them from clear styrene.

lamborghinireventonheadlight-l-11c14692f02d6127.jpg

DSCF8178.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

I finally have the brakes done as well.

-Photo 1; Here you can see the Hotrod gray primer base on the second rotor, and the graphite powder I rubbed into the other ones. The graphite powder will work on any type of brakes, not just Carbon Ceramics.

-Photo 2 & 3; You cannot see the metallic sheen, buts its obviously there, and those PE bits really made the brakes better. I added a touch of weathered Titanium Gold.

DSCF8165.thumb.JPG.b8851220104614355dfedd57e2f41c92.jpg

DSCF8183.JPG

DSCF8184.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Here are the final bits I got done yesterday....the sidemarkers actually fit in with NO trimming!!!, and I decided to use one of my 3D stickers for the bonnet emblem, instead of the flat decal. Last bit is the addition of the exhaust tip.

DSCF8179.JPG

DSCF8180.JPG

DSCF8181.JPG