Model Cars Magazine Forum

383 Super Bee

restoman

Done!

Loads of fun was had here... twisted body, chassis twisted opposite to the body, poor fitting glass, peeling chrome. I've been picking at it for well over a year.

Built as a base model Bee: 383, column shift auto, bench seat, 8 3/4" rear, rally wheels and white walls. The way most of them were sold...

My Grade 1 teacher had one very similar, it was my first intro to HP Mopars. Hers was the same light turquoise. I didn't care for the teacher but the car hooked me!

Comments most welcome.

B 1.jpg

B 2.jpg

B 3.jpg

B 4.jpg

B 5.jpg

B 6.jpg

B 7.jpg

B 8.jpg

B 9.jpg

I’m really digging this!! This is what most of them were and that’s what is cool about yours! You did nice work and saw it through. I had the same problems on mine and packed it away. Where did you get the 383 emblems and air cleaner decal? 

1 hour ago, Hmann68 said:

I’m really digging this!! This is what most of them were and that’s what is cool about yours! You did nice work and saw it through. I had the same problems on mine and packed it away. Where did you get the 383 emblems and air cleaner decal? 

They were on a sheet I got years ago. I think they came from Mike's Decals.