Model Cars Magazine Forum

One Stop Glue Resource Page (Link)

This link is probably one of the more comprehensive single page resources I've found for the casual glue user. It doesn't provide technical data, but covers glue types and where/how to use them for whichever kinds of plastic and model material you want to glue. Though these glues have all been covered here before, this is a one (web) page resource.

https://geekandleisure.com/best-glue-for-models-miniatures-buyers-guide-593/

Edited by Lunajammer
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 5:32 PM, Greg Wann said:

Nice, There should be one for plastic polish too.  Bare Metal Foil makes the best and most inexpensive that I know of.  I have tried several brands.  This works great for rubbing out paint too.

I've had trouble finding that in stock.

That list looks good at a glance, should take the time to read.   Did not see Water Effects, which is for diorama water, but works really well for some applications.

7 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I've had trouble finding that in stock.

That list looks good at a glance, should take the time to read.   Did not see Water Effects, which is for diorama water, but works really well for some applications.

You can purchase the plastic polish on Ebay or from the BMF site itself.

https://www.bare-metal.com/model-building-molding-specialty-items.html

If you are wanting to do resin casting, they have a good price for a one pound pack of KLEAN KLAY.  I have seen this stuff listed for much higher prices.

Edited by Greg Wann

• Badluck 13 pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Interesting, thanks. The article mentions E6000 (canopy glue, they call it, for clear parts, ie: windshields). I usually go to a water soluble white glue that dries clear for this application (also I use it for gauge faces to simulate a clear lens) the advantage to this glue is that if you screw up and don't get the windshield placed correctly, you can remove it, wash the glue off and try again with no ill effects on the clear part.

Has anyone used this E6000? Thoughts?  -RRR

• 5 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, Lunajammer said:

This link is probably one of the more comprehensive single page resources I've found for the casual glue user. It doesn't provide technical data, but covers glue types and where/how to use them for whichever kinds of plastic and model material you want to glue. Though these glues have all been covered here before, this is a one (web) page resource.

https://geekandleisure.com/best-glue-for-models-miniatures-buyers-guide-593/

Tried the Tamiya Quick dry liquid on clear lenses in a grill..No fogging and glue flows around and they won't come lose..Nice tip thanks to this site..Lunajammer..

• 2 weeks later...

I use this a lot. It is the strongest glue I have ever used, it works on plastic, resin, metal, rubber and glass and it is fantastic to use to force old warped dealer promos back into their original shapes, using gumbands and clamps until it dries. And maybe best of all, it is extremely inexpensive and is sold everywhere. 

JETfixall.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2020 at 8:19 PM, TransAmMike said:

I buy this at the local  Dollar Tree store, $1.00.  Warning tho, I don't know about other super glues but it bonds the parts almost instantly, no time for re-positioning, including to your skin LOL.

Sorry for the huge picture, I don't know bhow to resize.

IMG_20200825_185732.jpg.c555af13daf7b5f6b5d32643239cbe73.jpg

I use it also, drying is slower with a/c on, apply with toothpick for better control.

• 2 weeks later...

In the UK there is a company named De Luxe Materials who make and sell a large range of model making adhesives and other sundries for model makers like scenic materials. I use their 4 minute epoxy that comes in separate adhesive and hardener plastic dispenser bottles that enable good control over the quantities being mixed. Another really good product of theirs is Perfect Plastic Putty. It is one of the best filler materials I have used.

Normally I have a good buy up from their stand at Telford every year! I would thoroughly recommend anybody look at their website and see the large range of their products.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/29/2022 at 7:26 PM, Kenmojr said:

There seems to be a short supply of Testors tube and liquid glue. Amazon is charging big prices for Testors glue.

Is there something going on at Testors that I'm not aware of?

Hobby Lobby is my source for Testors tube glue. I buy the two pack and keep 4 tubes in my desk so I don’t run out..

• Like 1