Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel 69 Camaro

cobraman

Just got to start this a couple days ago . Most painting is done except now for detail painting . Body is not yet cleared . I have ordered decals for dash and Model Car Garage PE set . Will add the white stripes . Not a Cobra but these are cool cars just the same ! :D

EAE7B9DC-AA41-4604-90FE-24F09891A682.jpeg

5C2308AC-9A24-463D-BA71-6EB39D1A84FE.jpeg

On 4.2.2019 at 5:59 PM, cobraman said:

I got the decals on and used the chrome pen for window trim . Still waiting for dash decals and the PE set from Model Car Garage . 

Looking good, Ray. Although I would prefer BMF to the chrome pen, to be honest. Congrats on getting the decals laid that well. I was working on the same decals for my Camaro last night (the black ones actually, but I assume they are the same material). I did not manage to get them laid properly, with all the use of (lots of) softener, hairdryer and whatnot. Later I wondered if maybe I should have cut them in halves lengthwise. Could have helped... May I ask how you have been doing it?

I agree about the BMF but I was low on it and just enough to do the side trim with it. I do normally have a lot of trouble with decals over curved surfaces. I applied as normal and just applied Solveset on the top and set it aside. The decals are not perfect but they did lay down pretty good.