Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Bel Air

minkos

This kit (the AMT Northwind variant) was rather troublesome in final assembly, nothing seemed to fit right.  Or perhaps I was the cause of my own trouble...  Anyway, you see these cars all the time in red or white, I decided to try code 965 (Twilight Turquoise over Twilight Blue). 

IMG_1165 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1356 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1361 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1365 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1368 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1374 - Copy.JPG

Thanks everybody!  As for the seats, I made decals of the cloth fabric seat inserts using a swatch from the '62 Chevrolet dealer album repeated over and over and then shrunk down to 1/25.  That is still an experimental process for me.

Ooooh............VERY, VERY sharp! That color sure suits that and it's so "early '60's"!

I tried your decal trick with a stillborn '55 Ford Victoria for the trunk pattern years ago and yes, that works quite well if you can get the resolution sharp enough. ;)

Edited by MrObsessive

Excellent build Mark, and that color looks era perfect. Looks as if you dry brushed the air cleaner, and under the hood a bit, and it looks realistic. 

Yes, I’ve found, during assembly, if you don’t have the firewall just right under the car, where it meets the floor, it will give you problems. 

Edited by Brutalform

Great looking build, you really captured the way these cars looked back in the day. I also like the cowl duct to the air cleaner. This was a part of the Z-11 option when Chevrolet started offering the 427 cu in W Motor and the Aluminum Fenders, Hood, And Bumpers as part of the package.