Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 7:00 AM, Casey said:

I doubt it, considering Model Car Garage already included Biscayne nameplates on their '67 Impala fret:

d76f2e3c2ec1a7dc9fb64b2542cf9d29.jpg.016f6013ac25fe815579ce529d7bd6b2.jpg

I was also going to say there are alternatives on the MCG PE set.  Plus you get a paper copy of the grille to practice folding so you can get the angles right.

Going Back to the tires on this kit. I have the Squad Rod Nova from a couple years ago. I checked last night. The Bag of tires for both the Nova and this new Impala are the same. Identical tires in both kits. So, my OCD is satisfied now.

I'll be using the Stock Wheels from the AMT Chevy Police/Fire van in my build. They are close enough to correct for me. Even better, I have one of those Van kits in my stash already, so I'm set there.

My local Hobart, IN Hobby Lobby also still hasn't gotten these.  No surprise since it always seems to be back of the pack as far as stocking new releases.  Literally nothing new on the shelves since they reopened, and  no spaces marked for anything upcoming.

I picked mine up yesterday ,and I like the look of it. I have never seen the Supernatural TV show, so I have no interest in that particular version. I decided to build a replica stock 67 Impala 4 door hardtop. I did my research concerning what was available from the factory. I have a deep parts box, so doing an interesting variation will not be a problem. I believe that I have the front seat issue solved, but I have yet to lay a finger on the kit.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:04 PM, Tonioseven said:

I think it's  VERY cool kit. There's enough there to make something nice! I'm glad to see something different nowadays. The interior isn't a biggie because I'm sure SOMEONE out there in resin land will fab up what's needed in order to make it factory-stock. Swirls and other minor bodywork-related issues can easily be overcome. Enjoy the kit for what is IS or don't BUY it; NOT a difficult decision at ALL. Thank you for sharing the pictures of what's inside. I'm going to buy two of them. 

Exactly!

Leviathan Impala 

Sam and Dean had Dopplegangers that drove a 67 Impala in one season...  the fake Winchesters were trying to break laws and cause trouble for Sam and Dean so they would get arrested and go to prision. 

Their Impala was the same except for the wheels and license plates. The kit has supplyed both sets of plates so you can build the Leviathan Impala, all you need is a set of 18 inch Polished torque thrusts... Which Dean tells Sam that he's gonna steal when they see the car pulling into town...

Leviathan%21Impala.jpg

12 hours ago, Dale Gribble said:

Any market for a factory 4 door bench seat ??  It’s within a few hours of hitting the rubber ??

4492193A-4EE8-43B4-AE80-A613731F26D6.jpeg

Please post in the appropriate area of the Forum when a fellow builder might be able to obtain one or two.  

13 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Found this at HL today, and no, I didn't buy it. 

Looks like it would be a good source of parts for those wanting to improve the kit. 

SupPala.jpg

It's 1/24. 

Review and discussion from a couple years ago: 

• 3 weeks later...