Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monkeemobile...FULL detail!

Dann Tier

4 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Seriously, due to my issues, i rarely sleep much, and i have to keep doing stuff so i dont think too much.

My apologizes my friend I wasn't aware.  Glad you choose to build models to keep you busy - I really enjoy your work!

Edited by afx

Heres where i left off; assembling things with canopy glue until they are just the way i want them.

-Photo 2; The main suspension assemblies are basically where i want them.

-Photo 3; Tyres are from a Fujimi Ford GT40, and the wheels are from an MRC set.

-Photo 4-6; Perfect stance!

DSCF9270.JPG

DSCF9271.JPG

DSCF9275.JPG

DSCF9272.JPG

DSCF9274.JPG

DSCF9273.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

23 hours ago, Reuhkapelti2 said:

Those wheels and tires look so cool. I wish I had them also, a bunch of them. 

I love'em too!, lol....so much in fact, that i ordered MANY GT40 kits just for the tyres!....i use them on my Ferrari 250 GTO's...Lamborghini Miura's...my Invader, and various 1960's muscle cars in my collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone!, i'm feeling like working on the easiest bit now -the interior, lol

-Photo 1; This is a bit missed by most people...the interior padding goes all the way to the A-pillar. After removing the upright, i have a section of padding from a second kit that i will splice in.

-Photo 2; The bench in the real car is actually raised up a bit, so i will be fixing that issue.

-Photo 3; I will do my usual work to make the seats look more "cushiony". The arrows point to the areas that need to be scribed. Since i have a bunch of spare seats, i will be separating the backs from them, and adding the more realistic details....i'm really looking forward to that bit!.

DSCF9330.JPG

DSCF9331.JPG

DSCF9332.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 12:59 PM, Dann Tier said:

I love'em too!, lol....so much in fact, that i ordered MANY GT40 kits just for the tyres!....i use them on my Ferrari 250 GTO's...Lamborghini Miura's...my Invader, and various 1960's muscle cars in my collection.

Ever consider casting them up so you have a mold without having to use up the last of your sets?

17 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

In case you haven't already seen it: 

LOL....i have both complete seasons on DVD....thats one of my favorite episodes!....i'm mostly German, and the "bad guys" in that episode are suppose to be....its hillarious!...i think they named that Cobra replica the Klutzmobile.

16 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Ever consider casting them up so you have a mold without having to use up the last of your sets?

I've thought of that before, but i just looked through my entire stash, decided which ones needed them, and ordered the proper amount of GT40 kits, lol.....did that YEARS ago.