Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Your Favorite Movie?

Miatatom

Angel Heart... one of my all time favourites ! Definitely Neo Noir ---- not for the faint-of-heart ( no pun intended ) . 

Tonight , I'm going to watch The Car (1977) . Don't spoil it for me ! It's a cult classic --- another dystopian future setting which really speaks to me and 'my' generation ( Gen-X --- the Blank Generation ) !

Screenshot of the opening vignette from the 1972 theatrical release of Duel . Arroyo Parkway (then , Pasadena Freeway --- Route 11) , northernmost Figueroa Street Tunnel at the Golden State Freeway (formerly , Riverside Drive off-ramp) Interchange .

Duel.jpg.47ff2c94b5ec033264495611800ecc8d.jpg

Just one? That's not fair!  In no particular order;

American graffiti .

Midway. The original.

Battle of Britain 

Homeward bound

K-9

Turner and Hooch

Heavy Metal

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Herbie the love bug, Herbie rides again.

Mad Max, Road warrior

Maximum Overdrive,not a good movie,but I love it.

Ghost Busters

I know there are more but I think that will do for now .There are  some great suggestions on this forum .  Great forum Tom!

2 hours ago, Captain Spaulding said:

My favorite hands down is Smokey and the Bandit, one movie I hope never gets remade. No chance they can get a cast as good as the original, especially someone like Jackie Gleason.

Yep, love that movie. I laugh like a drunk hyena every time I watch it. 

I don't know if there will ever be a movie remake, but there is a tv show in development: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smokey-and-the-bandit-tv-series-in-the-works-from-seth-macfarlane-danny-mcbride

1 hour ago, stinkybritches said:

Yep, love that movie. I laugh like a drunk hyena every time I watch it. 

I don't know if there will ever be a movie remake, but there is a tv show in development: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smokey-and-the-bandit-tv-series-in-the-works-from-seth-macfarlane-danny-mcbride

I read about that a few weeks ago, hopefully doesn't get developed I can't see it being that good. 

59 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

Wasn't there a Smokey and the Bandit TV show a while back? I believe it was about the same time that the Viper show was aired..... They drove a Dodge Stealth or something....

They made 4 tv movies in 1994, they were watchable but nothing overly exciting.

Edited by Captain Spaulding

On 11/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, Nazz said:

Just one? That's not fair!  In no particular order;

American graffiti .

Midway. The original.

Battle of Britain 

Homeward bound

K-9

Turner and Hooch

Heavy Metal

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Herbie the love bug, Herbie rides again.

Mad Max, Road warrior

Maximum Overdrive,not a good movie,but I love it.

Ghost Busters

I know there are more but I think that will do for now .There are  some great suggestions on this forum .  Great forum Tom!

Jerry,  I saw Turner and Hooch when it came out at the theater and it’s the funniest movie I have ever seen in a theater and that was in the 80’s. 

Can't pick just one.  Somebody mentioned "Sunset Boulevard,"  which is high on my list. 

So is another classic film-noir made a few years earlier, "Double Indemnity."  Fun trivia: when Fred MacMurray comes out of his boss's office,  watch for the grumpy old guy sitting and reading a magazine.  That's Raymond Chandler, the famous mystery writer.  He co-wrote the "Double Indemnity" script with director Billy Wilder, who also directed "Sunset Blvd." 

The original novels for 3 classic crime movies were all written by the same author, James M. Cain:  "Double Indemnity," "Mildred Pierce" and "The Postman Always Rings Twice."  Cain also wrote the novel that spawned one of the worst movies ever made, "Butterfly."  Which I griped about elsewhere.

Edited by Mike999

"Twin Town" from 1996 is one of my favourite films, set in and around the town I live in. For a fictitious dark comedy it's not a million miles away to how life in Wales really is. It's hard to find and was never heavily promoted due to how it depicted the town it was set in, too close for comfort? I'd say so!