Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two For 2020

Straightliner59

3 hours ago, Flatout said:

Beautiful stuff Dan, both very cool?

Thank you, Pete! Glad you like 'em!

2 hours ago, espo said:

The paint work on the Firebird is really impressive looking. The little Midget looks great and I would like to learn more about doing the louvers for the hood ?

Thank you, David. The most taxing part of the paint on the Firebird was hand-striping the blue. Even that wasn't too bad, using Sign Painter's One-Shot enamel. You can see the whole process of discovery regarding the louvers,  here:

15 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Thank you, Pete! Glad you like 'em!

Thank you, David. The most taxing part of the paint on the Firebird was hand-striping the blue. Even that wasn't too bad, using Sign Painter's One-Shot enamel. You can see the whole process of discovery regarding the louvers,  here:

Thankyou for the information. 

20 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nice work and you Got ‘er done as Snake would say. I enjoyed watching you finis these up! Ready for next round?

We both got 'em  done! I just started a brand new project, so, I'm out for this round. I should have the new one done in time  for the round that begins in March, should the thread continue. I have a Monogram Don Edmonds' Modified that's been sitting for 25 years, or so.

16 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

Great to see you strutting your stuff on the Monogram Midget. Looking forward to more from your bench in 2021. All the best...

Thank you, Bernard. The first thing off the bench, this year will likely be something a bit outside of my normal stuff. I've started working on one of the Monogram 1926 Macks. It's intended to be a "canvas" for me to work on paint/weathering stuff. Hope all is well, with you, too!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it. I am very happy with the midget--I learned a lot, in its creation. It's satisfying to see the response it's gotten from others.