Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Flintstone resin Meggaa Hauler

Going to get started on this “thing” . I pretty much have it all cleaned up and sanded and ready for primer and paint . Not sure of color or colors yet but have a couple of ideas . I have some tires and wheels from a die cast I plan to use . I did have to modify the chassis plate to allow for the larger tires I am using . Weird perhaps but I thought it looked cool . 

B207040E-5D80-4E77-8CE9-B29CB1240DE5.jpeg

CEF8CDF2-383F-4FF6-9F3B-DE646DC43DD7.jpeg

OK...kinda cool...is it a tractor trailer set up or a 2 axle truck w/box???

There is a video on Youtube about 'Road Trains' of the future.  The film was from the early 40's and it showed drawings of truck with a cab much like your model, many trailers with the same cross profile, all followed by a unit much like supplied. 

Hi Ray, this is a really interesting build. I haven’t seen one before. As a guy that “likes ‘em low”  I like the mocked up ride height, looks fantastic. Have you picked a colour? Seems to me that almost any colour would look cool on this. 

Steve

That cab design opens the design options door wide open. I would personally consider adding some steps into the back side of those huge fenders leading up to the existing door rear edge. Or...you could fabricate the appearance of a forward tilting cab section. The ideas are almost endless here. I might even consider closing those wheel openings are .making this a anti gravity hover vehicle. I already have the engine built for that version.