Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi 1/24th Ferrari 330P4

I've started a model I've been putting off for ages. This is the Fujimi 1/24th scale Ferrari 330P4. I've wanted this kit for years and a few years ago at the Kirtland IPMS show I was able to pick one up minus decals for a deal. After much hemming and hawing and "I don't want to mess it up" I've decided it's time. So far I've started primary painting on the interior, which is AK Real Color Aluminum, Mr Color Madder Red, and Vallejo Model Air NATO Black.

204156299_558844985125250_951987829976368214_n.jpg

206196359_4233546086668284_7265322506049190753_n.jpg

28 minutes ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Justin....this is an awesome kit.. I have built two of them, a coupe and a spyder conversion.  What colour are you thinking for the body. ??

The plan as of right now is to use Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red though I have a good friend in my IPMS chapter who might have some Rosso Corsa by Gravity. I'll be using the Indycals set for Scarfiotti & Parkes at the '67 24 Hours of Daytona. Your build is fantastic and certainly gives me some ideas. I also made some additional progress last night, getting the kit PE and fabric belts built up. 

received_486273189134701.jpeg

Justin..if you go with Tamiya you won't have to primer. Just smooth the mold lines  and go. I have used Gravity and it is a little hot so you will have to primer.  Their Rosso Corsa is dead on for the period but TS-8 is also very close. That will be your choice. Thank you for the compliments on my build..it was a labor of luv....I am a #1 Ferrari fan. Good luck on yours...I look forward to the results...looks good so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Your build is looking terrific!

I happen to have this kit arriving today so I'm excited to watch this build; and yes, I'm nervous about making a mess of it.  LOL   Can anybody recommend a source for aftermarket PE parts to enhance the build?

6 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

Your build is looking terrific!

I happen to have this kit arriving today so I'm excited to watch this build; and yes, I'm nervous about making a mess of it.  LOL   Can anybody recommend a source for aftermarket PE parts to enhance the build?

https://www.car-model-kit.com/st27-fp24115-ferrari-330-p4-upgrade-parts-studio27 I had personally gone back and forth on getting this PE fret a few times but decided to go box stock except for the Indycals decals. Classic Racing Resins also has a nice Spyder transkit that I had considered and may still eventually build. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 12:13 AM, 89AKurt said:

I have this in the stash, along with the HRM engine.  Didn't know about the Renassaisance photo-etch.  Anyway, you are well on your way to finishing, cheering your on!

I have this kit in my stash as well, but can’t get the HRM engine anywhere. 

Justin, is there any progress on this?

Later,

Lee