Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parts Packs in Atlantis new Mooneyes Dragster kit


Recommended Posts

Parts Packs

these are the parts packs that will make up the new Mooneyes Dragster kit from Atlantis.

C1101 283 engine

C1102 392 engine

C1131 Mooneyes dragster frame

C1124 Dragster Parts

C1141 Wheels

C1143 Tires

check them out in the link above

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't build dragsters.  Looking at the parts that will be included ; looks like I will be getting this one.  Could be a good seller.  Anyone else agree?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The original double kit did not use the dragster chassis speed equipment pack, it used the roadster chassis equipment pack.  Since the new issue will build one car, hopefully it will include the dragster chassis equipment pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Parts Packs

these are the parts packs that will make up the new Mooneyes Dragster kit from Atlantis.

C1101 283 engine

C1102 392 engine

C1131 Mooneyes dragster frame

C1124 Dragster Parts

C1141 Wheels

C1143 Tires

check them out in the link above

Is this information from Atlantis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Muncie said:

Is this information from Atlantis?

Not Greg but some online retailers are saying the same thing in their pre sell listings. If not true some folks may be mad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Not Greg but some online retailers are saying the same thing in their pre sell listings. If not true some folks may be mad. 

that's what I'm thinking, but no hurry - will wait for the kit to hit the shelves.  hate to see Atlantis raked over the coals for misinformation that came from other places.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

that's what I'm thinking, but no hurry - will wait for the kit to hit the shelves.  hate to see Atlantis raked over the coals for misinformation that came from other places.

That’s sadly never stopped anyone here or on intarweb in general. I want one and I’m not huge FED fan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is great news!  I was hoping that it would include the roadster chassis equipment, which is crammed with goodies. Still, it's like being told that you've been given $1000, but  it'll consist of ten 100 dollar bills, rather than the hoped for fifty 20 dollar bills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Parts Packs

these are the parts packs that will make up the new Mooneyes Dragster kit from Atlantis.

C1101 283 engine

C1102 392 engine

C1131 Mooneyes dragster frame

C1124 Dragster Parts

C1141 Wheels

C1143 Tires

check them out in the link above

The other thing that might be misleading about this without more information is that most of the original Revell part pack engines, wheels, roadster frames and both chassis equipment parts packs were chromed. in the double dragster kits, only the engines were chrome. Either way is OK for me so I'll wait until I see one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I'd buy multiples of all of those too!

I did (for the double kits)...having believed the "experts" that constantly rebleated that the tooling was lost-'n-gone-forever.

I've paid stiff money for them, but I'll be happy to see 'em all readily available again anyway.  B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 10:45 AM, Karl LaFong said:

This is great news!  I was hoping that it would include the roadster chassis equipment, which is crammed with goodies. Still, it's like being told that you've been given $1000, but  it'll consist of ten 100 dollar bills, rather than the hoped for fifty 20 dollar bills.

???

I don't get the correlation, but I'd gladly take the money in any form I could get it!

Off topic - I hope Atlantis got all the motorcycle parts packs. In one box, that would be worth a "million bucks" to me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Pic from Atlantis email sent out saying pre orders will be available end of July..

65B49BD3-9D8D-466A-8979-A3C3504F2AA3.jpeg.f87919763c4e6495db4258580f59928f.jpeg

 

Pic from their website 

BED73F71-951C-4EB9-B0F6-119D531C090D.jpeg.1e2d410c628ff8eb7f4b3c42b78b5a6b.jpeg

 

Those are different kits though, right?  Or no?  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Yes, totally different kits and makers

That’s what I thought (but never built either…)

Thank you!

There’s a lot of slingshot dragster parts and kits appearing all of a sudden, what with these and the Gopher/Revell frame parts pack that just got reissued

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

That’s what I thought (but never built either…)

Thank you!

There’s a lot of slingshot dragster parts and kits appearing all of a sudden, what with these and the Gopher/Revell frame parts pack that just got reissued

And don't forget this one from not that long ago...

Slingster Dragster (Model Car) Package1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...