Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scotto and Blevins 55 Nomad

dragcarz

It took me a while to get theses posted, but here it is. Another Modified Production build. I really miss this class of racing. 
AMT 55 Chevy Nomad kit, mostly out of the box. SMP decals, Testors Classic White, with Splash clear. 

C46692B7-7FA6-4AAF-BC41-8C4BE9040A3B.jpeg

B4654C06-E2F7-44CD-A655-10A1B7A0EA24.jpeg

ADD3796B-8668-40AA-9024-5E95D7E4F846.jpeg

87C0C9F1-F495-4AFD-889A-82AD9D1CD33D.jpeg

7D628170-68B2-44E6-AF98-2C12B94BE50B.jpeg

4C39E4AE-C206-460D-A284-B705AC31620C.jpeg

2AE02FCD-0D87-43FD-804B-5A36CAC62A16.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello I am a friend of Joe Scottos.   He loooves his old race cars very dearly.   Your work here is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!  We just happened across this forum and he is wondering are these kits available that he can get somewhere?  Any help is appreciated, I would love to get one in his hands!    Garrett

Edit:  For some reason i only saw some of the pics originally.  I now see everything involved and realize it is not a kit.   I cannot even imagine how many meticulous hours were spent here!

Edited by gwalk13

The 1/25 scale kits are still available and, I think, the decals from smp are available.  The gentleman who makes them is a member here and could possibly help you.  As you have a personal interest in this, perhaps contact a local Hobbylobby or other hobby shop and inquire whether someone could build one for your friend.  I know a lot of us would be willing to build a kit for the owner of a great car like this.  I am currently building a drag car of the mid sixties with the help of the son of the original owner of the car.  Heck, try building it yourself.  It’s not brain surgery as most of this build would be out of the box.  You might find a new hobby.

22 hours ago, gwalk13 said:

We just happened across this forum and he is wondering are these kits available that he can get somewhere?  Any help is appreciated, I would love to get one in his hands! 

...I now see everything involved and realize it is not a kit...

The model shown above is based on this 1/25 scale kit from AMT, that's been reissued in several different boxings, not all of which are shown below.

AMT 55 Chevy Nomad E/MP - Scaleavenue

AMT 55 Chevy Nomad box art | Model Car Hobby Box Art | Pinterest

Vintage AMT '55 Chevy Nomad 1/25 Model Kit 2555 T 289-225 Partially ...

Decals available here:    https://smpdecals.com/shop/ols/products/scotto-blivens-1955-nomad-nhra-record-holder

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

• 10 months later...