Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 56 International?

Thanks Tom. I've been trying to get the bed to look better and this is what I've got so far. The wheel opening could be a little smaller but with these huge wheels it should look ok. Still not perfect but close enough for me, definitely better than the resin Chevy bed it came with.

15735_Side_Profile_Web (3).jpg

bed.JPG

bed2.JPG

bed4.JPG

bed5.JPG

• Like 2

Great looking bed details. You got the body line on the side of the bed and added the larger steak pockets. Reshaped the rear fenders and removed the molded line around the well opening. The top of the bed might be a little bit of a challenge. The IH had the top of the bed sides flat and Ford used a design where the bed tops were at an angle. 

On 9/28/2021 at 1:40 AM, slusher said:

Fine toning the bed?  Your doing a great job..

Thanks Carl.

I got both bed sides built & primed so they're as good as they're gonna get. I narrowed the front end before so now I narrowed the rear. I also got some gunmetal painted on the wheels to break up some of the chrome. Once I shorten the rack I'm gluing it together, so I'll finally have a roller. Still have to figure out an engine but that can wait for now.

SUNP0001.JPG

SUNP0007 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Well Done and Way Cool!

this one is hitting close to home.  My grandfather favored International trucks and had an International pickup in the pinkish orange and cream two tone in your refernce pictures.  All of the other equipment was for workin' but that truck was always clean and polished inside and out.

Nice work, Mark. I have really enjoyed watching the progress of your cuts and shuts! They have gone a long way to achieving the look of the International. It is always nice when you can dedicate your time to either the body, or the chassis, but not have to do both!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks guys for the great comment & encouragement. I gave it light coat of flat black because when I start sanding through the colors for my weathered look it gives it a little more definition. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a light blue with a white top. I hit the bed with some blue but not the cab yet. I've been trying to get the Foose interior in it so I've been hacking at that for a while trying to narrow it up & reshape the dash. Not much of an update but a little is better than none.

sunpooo62.JPG

sunpooo65.JPG

t.JPG

u.JPG

vv.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks again guys, I'm still plugging along when I have time. I've been working on getting the interior to fit. After I narrowed it to fit in the cab I realized that the trans tunnel needed to be cut out so I can get it as low as I can so I barrowed a tunnel from my parts box. The firewall was giving me a hard time too because any engine I tried to make fit hit everything. So I ended up moving the Ford engine from the Foose kit forward as much as I could and boxed in the firewall to make it fit. It's not great but it's what I came up with. Now I have to figure out some inner fenders, YAAAAAY! I did manage to get the cab 2 toned, the hood will be white too but I'm still trying to get it to look right. Anyway, that's about it for now.

SUNP0001 (2).JPG

SUNP0005 (1).JPG

SUNP0007.JPG

SUNP0010.JPG

SUNP0011.JPG

SUNP0012.JPG

SUNP0013.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I made some inner fenders & checked to see if the hood fits with the carb & aircleaner (thank you Bob for reminding me to do this). Surprisingly it doesn't hit! I'm building the radiator and trying to figure out an electric fan for it. I'll probably just hack up the Foose radiator.

SUNP0015.JPG

SUNP0016.JPG

SUNP0018.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, Kool Kat said:

Can't wait till the weathering starts. This thing will really come to life!!

Ya, that's my favorite part too, so I did just a taste of weathering on the fender for you. A little wet sanding with 600 and a light touch with a dull 11 blade.

SUNP0002 (2).JPG

SUNP0001 (4).JPG

• Like 1