Model Cars Magazine Forum

Walmart a little pricey?

Holy carp!  What is it with that kit?  Here's somebody on eBay asking $101.99.  With FREE SHIPPING!  Gee, thanks a lot, Santa Claus.

I thought these people may know nothing about scale models, and believe these are antique kits made in 1966.  But the eBay listing clearly says "Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No" and "Release date: April 27, 2017." So the seller should know better.  Weird...

Revell Trucks '66 Chevy Suburban Plastic Model Kit 31445044090 | eBay 

On 10/3/2021 at 7:10 AM, Mike999 said:

Holy carp!  What is it with that kit?  Here's somebody on eBay asking $101.99.  With FREE SHIPPING!  Gee, thanks a lot, Santa Claus.

I thought these people may know nothing about scale models, and believe these are antique kits made in 1966.  But the eBay listing clearly says "Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No" and "Release date: April 27, 2017." So the seller should know better.  Weird...

Revell Trucks '66 Chevy Suburban Plastic Model Kit 31445044090 | eBay 

Yeah, it's pretty funny, given there are a whole bunch of them that are very reasonably priced!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Yeah, it's pretty funny, given there are a whole bunch of them that are very reasonably priced!

Just like amazon, or eBay, you can find the same item (or a kit) listed for a wide range of prices. From low to outrageous. Walmart, just like those other sites, is simply providing a service to outside sellers to sell their wares (for whatever prices they want to charge).  In that the Walmart is no different than eBay or amazon.

Edited by peteski

2 minutes ago, peteski said:

Just like amazon, or eBay, you can find the same item (or a kit) listed for a wide range of prices. From low to outrageous. Walmart, just like those other sites, is simply providing s service to outside sellers to sell their wares (for whatever prices that want to charge).  In that the Walmart is no different than eBay or amazon.

Yep. Prices can vary, wildly. I tend to look around, for kits. Most of my standard tools and supplies--I already know where I'm going, for those.