Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy Gasser

bluestringer

10 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

That really came out great!  I like the color and the decals are perfect.  Did you have any issues with the rear shocks?  Seems that the shocks that came in the kit are way to long

They did seem to be a little too long. They have to be manipulated just right to get them on. I had to lift up the rear end spring assembly very slightly to get them into position on the frame. 

35 minutes ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Thanks

I was test fitting when I got them in place and they were so tight I decided not to remove them for gluing. They probably didn't need any glue, but I took a toothpick and applied a small amount from the backside of the frame and around the mount areas. 

6 hours ago, bluestringer said:

I was test fitting when I got them in place and they were so tight I decided not to remove them for gluing. They probably didn't need any glue, but I took a toothpick and applied a small amount from the backside of the frame and around the mount areas. 

I have the rear end glued in already.  I may have to cut the shocks down.  Sorry to hijack your thread...........

5 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

I have the rear end glued in already.  I may have to cut the shocks down.  Sorry to hijack your thread...........

I had mine glued in also. I got the shock into the rear end section first, then carefully pushed it into the frame position. The rear end actually lifted up slightly but stayed glued.