Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Mustang GT350

Ceaser_Salad

2 hours ago, Painted Black said:

I once tried building this with the front grille section painted separate!  Big time fail... now I always assembly first and paint as a unit. Hope it works out for you.. Cool color for a Mustang.

I wanted to have them as one unit, but I didn't think I could fit the interior and chassis assembly in after the front was on. 

Thanks though,

I always attach the front and rear pieces to the body before paint. Makes for better results. If the chassis needs modification to fit after the fact so be it.

Here is a 67 GT I just finished this year. The hardest part was stuffing a 427 Cammer motor in the little engine bay.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/165233-427-cammer-in-a-67-mustang-gt-aka-platinum-pony/

1 minute ago, mustang1989 said:

Good lookin' lil' build Declan!!! Yes sir....I've been down that no-fit road a time or two but I'm certain you'll work this out.

Got any pointers for the nose? It seems too wide for the body at points... Also the locating "tabs" just... came off. :o

I've got the same fit issues with my '67 Mustang Fastback kit Declan and I'm prepping my parts pretty much how you're doing here. The molds on these kits are VERY old and this is what tends to happen. I did have a spare kit in the stash and the fit on that one was even worse. Carl's got the right idea which I'll do to mine as well once I get the initial fitting & prep finished up. Looks like you're sorting the issues out with yours.

Hi Declan,

I agree with the previous comment ....     If you want to fill in the gap in the front end, you should fill it with putty, sand and then rescribe the panel line. You will have to give it another coat of paint, but it will look clean & sharp.

This will be a nice build when done !!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am really close to getting this one done. In all honesty, it is my best automobile model yet (just watch as i accidently sit on it or something).
Once the front bumper that Mustang here provided (many many thank you's to him for that) arrives, it will be the last touch.
Instead of BMF I might instead do molotow pens or maybe do black trim instead. Not sure which yet.

Chrome trim on one seat, one to go.
Also for size comparison with the GT.