Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 5 builds for 2021.

lghtngyello03

10 hours ago, David G. said:

Gorgeous paint and detailing, each one has so much to look at.

Spectacular work on all of them!

David G.

Thank you David!

6 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

Phenomenal builds, Scott. The little yellow GTR is especially special.

Thanks man!  I love that build. I wouldn’t hesitate to build another right now lol. I plan on doing one with an rb26 swap eventually 

36 minutes ago, slusher said:

Beautiful clean models..

Thank you!!

34 minutes ago, PappyD340 said:

Awesome builds!

Thanks!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Such a complete, professional build style, perfect for the many modern cars on display here. But it's the pink Cadillac that benefits the most from your skills, showing what a fine job can be done with such a venerable kit. Really impactful. Bravo!

All the best in 2020,
B.

Edited by Bernard Kron

On 1/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, Bernard Kron said:

Suck a complete, professional build style, perfect for the many modern cars on display here. But it's the pink Cadillac that benefits the most from your skills, showing what a fine job can be done with such a venerable kit. Really impactful. Bravo!

All the best in 2020,
B.

Thank you very much! That pink Caddy was a kit I worried about due to its age, but it was a really good one despite that.

4 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Top notch work and models! Keep it up in '22!

Thank you!!!

37 minutes ago, Mattilacken said:

Beautiful builds! I dig the skyline, and the engine on it is beautiful!

Thank you man! It's the most detailed build I have to date.  I about to start a Tamiya 240ZG for Splash Paints to demo some of their paint that will be just as detailed. So keep watching the underglass section or check me out on instagram ...Scott's Scaled Builds.

• Like 1

Outstanding work! Lovely crisp,. clean detailed builds, flawlessly executed, and it's nice to see such a wide range of subjects. I'd be proud to have built any of them, but I think the Skyline just shades the win with that engine bay detail (though I have a soft spot for a Pink Cadillac, like anyone, right?)

Great stuff.

best,

M.

43 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

I pray your hand gets better soon!  Stunning builds as always!! -REALLY love your Skyline!!

Thanks Dann!  It's back to functional again, just not as strong as it used to be, and sort of slow.  But it works now, lol. 

Thanks, the Skyline has to be my favorite so far as well!

6 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Excellent workmanship all around, and photography.   The Nissan, that an early Skyline?  I was checking out how you did rubber around the BMF trim. 😳

Thank you Kurt!  Yes its the first Generation Skyline.  The BMF wasn't hard at all, for the trim effect, I just used panel line accent.

14 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Really like  all your build Scott. The NSX has to be my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Rich! I didn't think I was going to like that body style when I got the kit, but it grew on me a lot through the build.

15 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

Outstanding work! Lovely crisp,. clean detailed builds, flawlessly executed, and it's nice to see such a wide range of subjects. I'd be proud to have built any of them, but I think the Skyline just shades the win with that engine bay detail (though I have a soft spot for a Pink Cadillac, like anyone, right?)

Great stuff.

best,

M.

Thanks Matt!  I try to build every end of the spectrum when it comes to automotive.  I have a soft spot for JDM stuff, but I still grew up loving muscle cars, classic cars, trucks, race cars....pretty much everything, lol.

15 hours ago, TimKustom said:

Awesome builds! Excellent photos too!

Thank you Tim!! Not bad for an Iphone camera huh?

15 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

This is the major league of modelling, there is a lot of inspiration in these builds

Thank you for the kind words Mario!

17 hours ago, radiohd10 said:

all very nice indeed.  makes we want to start building race cars!  great job!

Thank you Ryan!  I was very hesitant to start building them as I was afraid the decals would defeat me, lol.  After My Pennzoil Skyline build a couple of years ago, I was hooked.  You should try one out!

• Like 3