Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1960 3-in-1 Ford F-100 Pickup Truck

14 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

It's not a matter of official, it's already been confirmed by Steve as an upcoming item and that he'll have a prototype in Detroit on Sunday. The only questions would be the full details of what exactly to expect with the kit in terms of how close it is to the original, and how much is modern day tweaks to improve it.

Hopefully more details posted by late this afternoon or evening.  Don't know what else Steve is planning to show today, but based on what they were working on as of last fall, there were several other projects beyond the '60 F100 that amazed me and hopefully will see the light of day.  Maybe one of them later today?   TB   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Hopefully more details posted by late this afternoon or evening.  Don't know what else Steve is planning to show today, but based on what they were working on as of last fall, there were several other projects beyond the '60 F100 that amazed me and hopefully will see the light of day.  Maybe one of them later today?   TB   

I know Steve mentioned here a few weeks ago that he would have additional new things to show in Jersey at NNL East. I was otherwise occupied with our local IPMS Club's show yesterday, so I did not make the journey to Michigan.  Do plan to be in NJ though.

I saw the coming '60 Ford F100 in person this morning at Warren, MI toy show.  Very nice, and the cab and pickup box are separate pieces, and it appears that the front bumper and grille are separate pieces as well unlike the original.  It was also hinted that different versions will be offered, but no specifics.  I'll bet Round2 saw what Mobius was doing with their for Ford F100's and will follow a similar path. A '59 may also be offered as the cab is the same for '59-'60, while the '57-'58 cab was different in the forward part of the fenders. (The Modelhaus resin '57 Ford F100s show the differences, as well.)  

I for one will be a happy camper.  I've used original '60 F100 cab for larger trucks like this fire pumper.

A.J.

1960 Ford F750 American frt mt (1).jpg

1960 Ford F750 American frt mt (3).jpg

1960 Ford F750 American frt mt (4).jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

It's not a matter of official, it's already been confirmed by Steve as an upcoming item and that he'll have a prototype in Detroit on Sunday. The only questions would be the full details of what exactly to expect with the kit in terms of how close it is to the original, and how much is modern day tweaks to improve it.

I have to disagree, or we are just interpreting his deliberately vague statement differently. He didn’t confirm what kit 1407 was, just that there is a kit 1407. I’ve learned not to believe these things until  they are officially announced. Which just happened!

431C4874-C4E3-46EB-B8A9-20DD0CAA91B6.jpeg.a1ae87cacfeb6f537f62d4e8b1b3063b.jpeg

Edited by Mr. Metallic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maxwell48098 said:

I saw the coming '60 Ford F100 in person this morning at Warren, MI toy show.  Very nice, and the cab and pickup box are separate pieces, and it appears that the front bumper and grille are separate pieces as well unlike the original.  It was also hinted that different versions will be offered, but no specifics.  I'll bet Round2 saw what Mobius was doing with their for Ford F100's and will follow a similar path.

Pictures? 

2 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Thanks for the pics Casey, this one is also going on my shopping list.

Great to see that Round-2 is putting their back catalog to good use.

Steve G. and John G. Thank you!

I was under the impression that this is all newly cut tooling, not a reissue from their back catalog, is that right?

1 minute ago, Can-Con said:

I was under the impression that this is all newly cut tooling, not a reissue from their back catalog, is that right?

When viewing the model, yes. When I say putting their back catalog to good use, I don't mean tooling but once produced kits. Tooling is just a vehicle. Round-2 is sitting on a treasure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

Cool...looking forward to this.  I have a glue bomb rough '60 annual that I picked up 20 years ago, emblems sanded off, etc.

Round-2 today is a real game changer and makes hunting for annuals somewhat of a risk, luckily my hunt stopped more than a decade ago, and I do hope that most of my wants will be recreated, anyway very glad the Kats are able to do their thing.

1 minute ago, Luc Janssens said:

Round-2 today is a real game changer and makes hunting for annuals somewhat of a risk, luckily my hunt stopped more than a decade ago, and I do hope that most of my wants will be recreated, anyway very glad the Kats are able to do their thing.

I've been happy w/ what they have done in the last year or so w/ the Chevy II wagon, '66 Mustang 2+2. '65 and 68 GTO, '68 Coronet...all very appealing.   GIve me a new '67 or '68 Cougar kit and I'd be very content... 

Just now, Rob Hall said:

I've been happy w/ what they have done in the last year or so w/ the Chevy II wagon, '66 Mustang 2+2. '65 and 68 GTO, '68 Coronet...all very appealing.   GIve me a new '67 or '68 Cougar kit and I'd be very content... 

Wouldn't mind having both Cougars either, even though I have both annuals. Cus I'm most certain the chrome on the reproductions will be much, much better LOL

3 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Wouldn't mind having both Cougars either, even though I have both annuals. Cus I'm most certain the chrome on the reproductions will be much, much better LOL

Yeah, I've got two of each of both annuals (all built or to be restored) and 2 resin and 1 3d printed '67s. but could always use more...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

I'll have more pictures and news posted in a separate link within a couple of hours.   And there will be more to come at NNL East.   TB 

Will be looking for your report when getting ready to leave for work, Tim.

Cheers!

Edited by Luc Janssens

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

When viewing the model, yes. When I say putting their back catalog to good use, I don't mean tooling but once produced kits. Tooling is just a vehicle. Round-2 is sitting on a treasure.

Yes, they are. And reading the pulse of their primary market, quite well, I'd say.

8 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I have to disagree, or we are just interpreting his deliberately vague statement differently. He didn’t confirm what kit 1407 was, just that there is a kit 1407. I’ve learned not to believe these things until  they are officially announced. Which just happened!

431C4874-C4E3-46EB-B8A9-20DD0CAA91B6.jpeg.a1ae87cacfeb6f537f62d4e8b1b3063b.jpeg

It's a moot point at this juncture, but if it was not the pickup then Steve would have specifically said it wasn't. Much like how in past days when the Chicago Car Club saw Revell items months in advance, but were sworn to secrecy there's a group of folks who see Round2's items in advance but likewise can't talk about it.

I will be getting a few of these. Regardless of new or old tooling. How many of us are really going to build it out of the box without cutting it up or doing a lot of upgrades anyway? That's the fun part of building a model, to see how far we can go with a kit. Just my 2 cents...