Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thames Panel Gasser

ramblerman

Revell 1970's issue molded in green metallic styrene. I chopped the top and filled the grille opening. I also glued the hood to the fenders then cut the fenders from the body. I intended to make a tilt front end, but decided to leave it as a removable one piece panel. Refinished with Testors Competiton Orange with Pledge Revive clearcoat.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

• Like 3

16 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Really nice job on that top chop....like the one piece front end too.....TIM 

this looks sooo cool!

Tim, was it YOU that did the tutorial in Street Rodder a LOOOOONG time ago about Chopping one of these?

5 hours ago, geemoney said:

this looks sooo cool!

Tim, was it YOU that did the tutorial in Street Rodder a LOOOOONG time ago about Chopping one of these?

Yes it was, and the chopped body still sits, in primer, in my display case of partially finished projects next to my work desk.  Still would like to finish it someday.  Jim's project is to a large degree what I've had in my mind for so many years now....TB   

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks WICKED with the chop and one piece front clip! Also really dig the orange and white color scheme. Very cool!!

On 4/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, tim boyd said:

Yes it was, and the chopped body still sits, in primer, in my display case of partially finished projects next to my work desk.  Still would like to finish it someday.  Jim's project is to a large degree what I've had in my mind for so many years now....TB   

And I remember that well! (That is from the 90’s when I went through all of my dads back issues one summer. I was still in diapers when the article came out! 😮)