Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parking lot with some landscaping


Steve H
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Steve H said:

A few more pics…

02EE454A-DF40-422B-8F09-A7045D54C2E0.thumb.jpeg.dd916281dc957fc10a11ceaec51bdda4.jpeg
 

That turned out great. At first glance I thought that was a photo of clouds in the background, but it’s just white posterboard. Now if it was me building this I would have to do some snowplow damage to those concrete barriers….but I guess you don’t need to worry about that eh Steve?.🤔

Edited by NOBLNG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

Fantastic work.

Thanks Jim! Now I just need a “shiny” car or two parked on it.

57 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

That turned out great. At first glance I thought that was a photo of clouds in the background, but it’s just white posterboard. Now if it was me building this I would have to do some snowplow damage to those concrete barriers….but I guess you don’t need to worry about that eh Steve?.🤔

Haha😂😂. Yep, all the curbs would be broken with just a piece of rusty rebar holding the bits together, and they’d be mixed in with the landscape.  We do seem to get more snow than we used to, but still not much, and certainly not as much as Winterpeg. Speaking of the background, I would like to have some sort of scenic backdrop. That’s a project for later, my yard will have to suffice for now. Time to get back to building the Blazer…

17 minutes ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Carpenter pencils

Home Depot paint brushes 

The list  of cool ideas keeps growing. Awesome work👍🏻😎

Thanks Scott. Don’t forget the moss from my yard!  
 

I appreciate you guys taking the time to comment.

Cheers, Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Time to get back to building the Blazer…

Cheers, Steve

Yeah, get back on it! 😈 I need to glean some ideas from You and Mark and James too.😜

Edited by NOBLNG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure you will find anything in the correct scale, but calendar photos sometimes can be used as a background as opposed to a stark white photobooth. I used one to fill the windows in my diorama. Though I have seen some of the guys here get really believable perspective photos with a table and a parking lot at just the right angle.

Back wall manipulated.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Yeah, get back on it! 😈 I need to glean some ideas from You and Mark and James too.😜

Unlikely you will get any ideas from me Greg, but I do intend to start picking away at it again. Yours is REALLY nice 👍 

9 hours ago, crazyjim said:

There you go Steve.  SHINY RULES!

I know how much you like your shiny Jim. Keep an eye out in the Diorama under glass section, I’ll put a shiny car or 2 in the lot for ya!

6 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I am not sure you will find anything in the correct scale, but calendar photos sometimes can be used as a background as opposed to a stark white photobooth. I used one to fill the windows in my diorama. Though I have seen some of the guys here get really believable perspective photos with a table and a parking lot at just the right angle.

Back wall manipulated.JPG

 Thanks for sharing that Bill. Yes, some of the people on here have some beautiful backgrounds, and take amazing photos. Not my area of expertise, but hoping this will be an improvement. 
 

Thanks guys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chappy said:

GREAT WORK!!! I am inspired.

Hi James! Honestly, that is the highest compliment someone could give. Thanks for having a look, I’m happy to have inspired someone.
 

 

2 hours ago, David G. said:

Fabulous work on this!

Excellent visual composition and enough detail to make it interesting without drawing attention away from the subject.

David G.

Thanks David. Your comment are appreciated. As I was building, it was always on my mind of how much is too much. The goal was exactly what you said, interesting without detracting from subject. 
If you have a moment, I have some better photos taken outside under glass. 
 

Cheers, Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...