Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Chevelle 300

espo

'67 Chevelle 300 two door sedan resin body and interior. The chassis and suspension are from the Revell '67 SS396 kit.  Body: removed hood vents and grill emblems. Paint: Testor's Root Beer and Tamiya TS-13 Clear with NuFinish Scratch Doctor polish. Interior: Tamiya TS-68 Wood Deck Tan with dark brown ink to highlight the inserts. Flocking on the floor and rear package tray. Kit supplied dash, steering wheel and shifter. Tinted band on the windshield.  Engine: Revell '69 Z-28, blue plastic kit. Prewired Distributer, Fuel lines, Radiator and Heater Hoses.  Chassis: '67 SS396 kit with lowered suspension. Exhaust modified to fit a small block engine. Four Wheel Disc Brakes from a Corvette kit and Wheels from a Firebird kit.  Think about someone who couldn't afford an SS 396 or even insure one. Find a base model two door and spend your money under the hood and on suspension. This is what I would have done.  

IMG_1742 (2).jpg

IMG_1743 (2).jpg

IMG_1744 (2).jpg

IMG_1745 (2).jpg

IMG_1746 (2).jpg

IMG_1747 (2).jpg

IMG_1748 (2).jpg

IMG_1749 (2).jpg

IMG_1750 (2).jpg

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, Slotto said:

Nice clean build. I like the tidy engine bay and love the brightly colored sway bars. A true sleeper.

Thankyou Steve. I painted the coil springs and sway bars red to represent some aftermarket parts. 

On 7/25/2022 at 7:44 AM, Plowboy said:

Nice looking little Malibu David! I like seeing different body styles of the popular cars. To me, they're more unique. Nice work!

I agree on the different body styles. I have a personal weakness for two door post cars especially. Wagons are cool as well. 

23 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

A real good looking bad boy. The black grille looks mean. Nice details underneath. 

The black grill was sort of something I had to do since I was removing the SS396 emblem from the center of the grill. A lot of hand carving to get the center section to match the pattern of the rest of the grill. Thought about trying to spray chrome it, but left it as is. 

3 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

That is one killer Malibu, David. That Root Beer is one of my favorite Testor’s colors. Crisp, clean detailing all around.

I like this color as well. The only problem is that it photographs on the dark side, and you don't really see the metallic finish and body lines as well as you would with a lighter color.