Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Baillon Collection at Rétromobile

Fascinating. 

While I recognize the Ferrari's, Bugatti, Honda roadster and the Facel Vega, there are a lot of others that I had no idea what they are or what value they have. Some even looked like they were dredged from the bottom of a lake!

Can't imagine a Ferrari 308 in that bad of condition being worth too much, as there are much better running, driver condition specimens available for a song nowadays. 

11 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Fascinating. 

While I recognize the Ferrari's, Bugatti, Honda roadster and the Facel Vega, there are a lot of others that I had no idea what they are or what value they have. Some even looked like they were dredged from the bottom of a lake!

Can't imagine a Ferrari 308 in that bad of condition being worth too much, as there are much better running, driver condition specimens available for a song nowadays. 

I think those are going up in value now too, then though just about any late model mid sized FWD sedan with the hotter engine option would likely smoke it in any acceleration run.

10 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

I think those are going up in value now too, then though just about any late model mid sized FWD sedan with the hotter engine option would likely smoke it in any acceleration run.

I've seen complete, running driver quality 308 GTSs going for as low as 18k online. Earlier GTBs probably go for less as they're not injected and not as fast.

And they don't have the Magnum PI panache!

Although, restoring one would cost a mortgage on the house. Which is why paying a lot for the clapped out one in this collection wouldn't make much sense.

Edited by Oldcarfan27

2 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I've seen complete, running driver quality 308 GTSs going for as low as 18k online. Earlier GTBs probably go for less as they're not injected and not as fast.

And they don't have the Magnum PI panache!

I think those are the increased prices, plus I think the Mondail are about the only Ferrari that’s stuck in the “nobody wants it” zone.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:59 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

I remember that auction - one of my favorites was this little Lorraine-Dietrich:

1166337183_hangdix2.jpg.975038dd2c9ca0199e23abbfba0d8056.jpg

Had to do a quickie 'shop on this one and bring it back to life as a surfboard hauler. Hang dix, duuude!

160524731_hangdix.jpg.3da098df4526941208f9afb4e66aff1d.jpg

So much style for a simple truck. The gothic arch grille, the beautiful wood bed that follows the curve of the body... it doesn't get any more French than that.