Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022: My year in styrene: 10 creations...

Claude Thibodeau

On 12/18/2022 at 9:29 PM, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

What a fabulous collection of builds. Beautiful work as always. I love the tanker, 20 MPH Club, perfect! Happy Holidays! -RRR

Hi RRR!

Thank you. A handsome of people have reacted to the notion of a "20 MPH" Club. The SCTA culture is not at par with, say, NASCAR... but we'll get there!

Happy Holidays to you too.

CT

On 12/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, Phildaupho said:

Great year of 10 fabulous builds. Each one is unique and I like them all. Looking forward to what you create in 2023.

Hi Phil!

Thank you. I'm finishing 5 projects at once, and should start posting in january. Hope to surprise you... Happy holidays!

CT 

On 12/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, bogger44 said:

'22 was a great model year for you Claude!  Those are all beauties.  I really dig that tanker.

Hi Tony!

Thanks for the comments. This curbside tanker was a lot more work than I imagined. Gluing the rivets one by one was something...And it was my first experience with tank tracks: I know now why I'm not into  military modeling! LOL

CT

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 4:58 PM, Koellefornia Kid said:

Hats off for this great decalogue of cool builds, Claude! I'm curious to see what you will come up with in 2023...

Hi Oliver!

Thanks. I'm currently finishing five models at once: a vintage funny-car, a Custom Riviera, a pro-touring 71 Mustang, a Bonneville lakester, and... a jet boat (!?). More later on this forum. Happy holidays to you!

CT 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:36 AM, TarheelRick said:

Extremely impressive body of work, each one is as breath-taking as the next one.  You are indeed a styrene artist. I am especially intrigued by the '58 T-Bird. The roof looks like it may have been liberated from the late-model Cougar kit - is that close?

Hi Ricky!

Thanks for the comments. You have an eagle eye: indeed, the roof comes from an '90 Cougar (as the dash and bucket seats). It did fit with minimum fuss, and it really pulls the car forward by a few decades. The most troublesome part was molding the opening doord shut, and retracing door lines. Oh well...

Happy holidays!

CT