Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks, o-man. I wish I could say it will be a sleeper but they aren't fast unless you're going through corners which is where these and other CDW-27 cars come alive. When all is said and done I'm crossing my fingers for ~245 N/A hp to the wheels. Not fast, but lively. Turning is the fun part anyway when you live in the Kettle Moraine area and just 15 minutes away from Road America :)

Preaching to the choir Andrew. I taught High Performance Drivers Ed for 20 years so I know how important handling is. There have been a bunch of "sportscars" that got their heads handed to them by a certain red CRX in the southeast. I wish I was 15 minutes away from Road America, but I'll drive the hour to Virginia International Raceway :)

An hour isn't much of a drive to get to a beautiful facility such as VIR. It's actually been one of my dreams for awhile to stay in one of the on-grounds facilities for a major event, but I'd settle for an open track weekend in a heartbeat. Did you teach at VIR? In any case that has to be one of the most awesomesauce covered jobs around.

No certain class. Could run NASA Honda Challenge H1 class, but would be severely outgunned by cars putting down over 230hp. It is street legal JDM B16 twin cam. Has Civic Type R pistons and Skunk2 Pro 1 cams, and will spin to 9k rpms. Gets about 7mpg on track and about 32mpg on the highway

always wanted one of those svt contours just because 1) It was a svt ford 2) they looked good 3) Fast? 4 door with a stick! 4) reminded me of the sho Taurus

I've heard a lot of them are wireing nightmares? have seen for myself at junkyards the wires are very small/ frail looking and looks like theres hundreds of wires in any given harness anywhere on the car.....

The wiring issues are usually cracked insulation in the engine bay on the early cars, pre-98.5, I believe. It can be fixed by replacing the wiring harnesses with one from a later year. Pretty simple and a lot of SVTs were and are sold cheap because of this. Another spot is near the rear folding seats that can potentially rub though it's insulation. Tape it up or splice in what you need and it's fine. Some need a small, I think 2-wire, harness on the alternator replaced. No biggie, but it can be a pain for first timers when dealing with the alternator because of it's placement. A big issue is with the diffs on 98+ cars. When they go they take the case with them if they're driven after you know they're going. Pre-98 diffs are 80 bucks through Terry at HMS. If that doesn't happen the shift tower bolt head will decide it's done for the day, shear, and fall into the trans case and is then free to wander and destroy whatever it feels like. That doesn't always happen though. If your lucky the bolt head can be removed from the case without taking the trans out. I was lucky! I looked in, saw the bolt and went fishing with a magnet. If you can get passed all that or buy one that has had the work done already off of contour.org they're great! lol I say test drive one, if only for fun. These days most of them have 3.0 swaps and all the issues sorted...

Hey..What The?

Picture058-vi.jpg

I think I hear something...

Picture067trans-vi.jpg

Oh there you are..I've been looking for you!

Picture065bolt-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...

I hit something today with my 200................................

20131026_135844_zps7d7fad2c.jpg

Miles that is!

Hit 20k while coming home from the dealer and filling my 200 today and around 15k of that has been on solely E85! Since buying the car in April of 2012 the only wrenching done on the car has been oil changes, tire rotations, and headlight alignment.

This came home this evening, 2013 Jetta, the mrs new car

IMG_0840_zpsa69904cb.jpg

Is it a gas or TDI? I was planning on buying a Passat TDI earlier this year till my dads truck went south on me. So, the TDI idea went bye-bye, the truck and my Sonata went bye-bye too...post #327. I was looking forward to getting close to 40 mpg in about the same size car as my Sonata and use the truck for towing my trailer and bad winter weather. And now, of course, Ram is coming out with a small turbo diesel V-6 for the 1500! But, I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Is it a gas or TDI? I was planning on buying a Passat TDI earlier this year till my dads truck went south on me. So, the TDI idea went bye-bye, the truck and my Sonata went bye-bye too...post #327. I was looking forward to getting close to 40 mpg in about the same size car as my Sonata and use the truck for towing my trailer and bad winter weather. And now, of course, Ram is coming out with a small turbo diesel V-6 for the 1500! But, I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Andy, its gas

My Daily Driver is a 2013 Silverado

0sil_zps330a3459.jpg

my fun/daily is a 2006 Magnum Hemi R/T, tuned, with allot of exhaust work, and some small engine mods, and appearance mods.

0mag_zps9976a729.jpg

one of the projects 71 GMC 450hp 383 stroker built t350 stage 2 shift kit, 3000 stall, and 4.11 posi

IMG_0372_zpsd990ef69.jpg

I got a line on a '10 Lincoln Town Car today, 10,000+ miles, cherry. Continental Edition, Champagne Gold, Buff leather. Working the deal as we speak.....................

Jonathan you going to bring that VW to Modelzona this weekend?

hinthinthint

G

Edited by Agent G

I got a line on a '10 Lincoln Town Car today, 10,000+ miles, cherry. Continental Edition, Champagne Gold, Buff leather. Working the deal as we speak.....................

Jonathan you going to bring that VW to Modelzona this weekend?

hinthinthint

G

The Mrs. is going to have it on Saturday , so I am stuck with my car :lol:

G

That sounds like a lovely machine.

If the ship ever gets righted for me, I have every intention of buying a late Town Car for myself.

Charlie Larkin

G

Sorry, I was a bit rude and didnt comment on what you said, did you get the deal done?, sounds like a really nice car, I know you like your Town Cars :D

Edited by martinfan5