Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the story behind your user name/avatar?

YEARS ago when the internet was basically AOL and nothing else, my Dad and I setup our first online account. Well they wanted of course the user name, so back then KU basketball was super hot! Well we loved the KU Jayhawks so we wanted to incorporate our user name with them and wanted to be different. So we came up with jayhkr or "Jay-Hak-Er" It's something that has stuck with me for 20 years.

Well, I happen to absolutly love heavy metal. I also happen to have a hard head when it coes down to things I know I'm right on.

So, metalhead. My avatar is a 68 Dodge Charger. You can never go wrong with one of those!

RYAN.

Edited by metalhead

• 3 weeks later...

I chose my username because I have 9 motorcycles and 14 bicycles in the garage.

I change my avatar ever so often, but it is usually me or one of my cycles.

Edited by 2whl

I got the name Der Bonekrosha (pronounced in an Ahlnoldt Schvahtzeneggah accent) in the Marine Corps because I can do a pretty credible Arnold accent and I've been in martial Arts since I was young and I'd been practicing Aikido for a while.

Every once in a while someone would ask me to show them a technique, they aren't comfortable :)

At the time Steven Seagal had just gotten pretty popular and my pals didn't belive that stuff worked.

So, I "convinced" a few.

Anyway, one of my buddies called me the Bone Crusher and it evolved into Der Bonekrosha.

Mine is a combo referance to a magazine I like (uh....Ol Skool Rodz),as well as the style of builds or 1:1's that I've been into most of my 38 years of living. I only started building more modern stuffs this go round of building (since '05 or so...and ok,there were a couple newer builds back when,but they were the exception,not the rule). The avatar? It's my 1:1 that I sold within the last month,'94 GT Ragtop,not quite as stock as it appears/appeared ;) Hmmm...I guess the next ol skool rod model that I build,I may make it my avatar,or since I'm a cycling freak (meaning I love ANYthing bicycle related,and of course riding when I'm physically able),maybe a ride pic? Nah...different subjects (one's a beloved hobby-building,the other's a lifestyle :P ).

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Guess I'm too lazy to think about a user name, but the avatar is a custom SMP 1959 Corvette that I built in mid-1960, when I was nine. It was the second model car I had built. The first was an AMT 1932 Ford Roadster, which I no longer have. I had built several airplanes, with my dad's help, before I discovered cars.

I thought user names were evil and that we if we didn't all call each other by our real life names we wouldn't possibly be able to treat each other in a civilized manner. That's what I was told when the "you must include your real life name or you're not welcome here" thing was going on.

I'm not sure what my user name is. brad4321 maybe? That's my name with 4 easy to remember numbers after it. It means absolutely nothing. My avatar is my favorite driver displaying his pretty new sponsor and livery.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fivespot300

archery..i was dam good at it...fivespot ( 5 bullseye traget)compettion shooting..i allmost allways shot a perfet scroe 300..on the lanes they called me arrowrecker.. i was hard on arrows..i loved teaching the newbees

So I love to go to Colorado and i got into World of Warcraft and i named my first Character Odaroloc, its Colorado backwards. I loved the game so much that i started using Odaroloc for everything and then i was really into NASCAR a while back and i liked Jeff Gordon so thats were i got the 24 from.

Edited by Odaroloc24

• 4 months later...

When I started in the online comunity. I owned at that time a,,1969 GTX convertible and a 1970 Dodge Challenger

I just shortened the accronym.

My avatar is because I love the old drag cars from the sixties and I think the shot just screams of the time period

Out of one of my all time favorite cars

Edited by gtx6970