Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the story behind your user name/avatar?

my username is because i am the biggest pro street fan around. cant get enough of them. i used to not have an avatar, pretty much know nothing 'bout computers, so i never bothered, until i ran across a thread on another forum about the old street machine nationals, when big cubes, fat tires and blown engines shook everything around. now that everything is based on how much a car is worth stock and gas prices are out the roof, it just brought back those times when you trailored your car to a show cause you beat the ###### out of it and the trailor insured you a ride home if you broke something.

Well I guess Ill go next. I been a ghost on the board for over a year and 1/2 just looking and watching. My user name is a

combo from when I was a much younger man. I always drank the same thing(Canadian Club) and my bartender

started calling me C C.and it stuck. As far as the "racer" It something I do to keep out of trouble. Im blessed to

have a VERYunderstanding wife(Thanks Dear) :wub::) As far as a avatar Im not computer skilled enough to make it work.

Waiting on my kid to help me.LOL

My handle is Ace-Garageguy because I own and am trying to re-launch Ace-Garage.com :

https://www.ace-garage.com/Home_Page.php

My avatar is a vehicle I designed as a project for my last company, W.Engwer and Co. Engineering and Design. I designed it in 1984-5, got funding to build it in 1995, and ran out of money and health in 1997. It is still an ongoing project, but I don't have the time or funds right now to work on it. Here's more about it, if anyone is interested.

http://contest.techbriefs.com/transportation-2012/2250

I run/ran/founded a website that was all about TV and Movie Cars (http://tvandmoviecars.com), sadly my server decided to STOP providing the website option, so my site has been a lot less then it was... in 2000 I started building a Adam 12 replica, in 2005 I built a Hazzard Sheriff car, in 2007 I bought and started work on a General Lee.. all 1:1 scale.... THUS, the name.

the Avatar... I seen a thing for a site to "Simpsonize yourself", where you can/could make a SIMPSONS character to resemble yourself.... so, I did. Currently I am clean shaven!<LOL>

My wife started calling me her eizzle (is-ill) back when we were dating, beats the heck out of me what it means, probably big dumb model builder!?!? No avatar cause photobucket won't let me in and the forums won't upload photos from my iPhone.

Mine is because when i first invented it when I was in like 5th grade, i had a thing for tow trucks (commonly called "wreckers"), and the 388 part are my two favorite NASCAR driver's numbers, Earnhardt Sr. and Earnhardt Jr.My avatar is my 1:1 '78 Thunder chicken when she was in her prime.About 30 years ago. LOL

My wife started calling me her eizzle (is-ill) back when we were dating, beats the heck out of me what it means, probably big dumb model builder!?!?

"Esel" is German for donkey... :P

Seriously. It is.

And of course, another word for donkey begins with an "a" and ends with "ss." :lol:

You might want to ask your wife what exactly she's been calling you all these years! :lol:

2002- year of car. P51 was a Mustang. Makes perfect sense now. B)

I have to ask... did the name of the dealership influence your decision to buy the car there? ;)

No, actually I worked there at the time. "Drew" was the last name of the family that owned the dealership. From time to time I had a lot of fun with my customers over that. :lol:

I had to ask Harry for mine, as I know ZIP about computers an stuff. It's from King Crimsons 1st album, "In the Court of The Crimson King" the song is "21st Century Schizoid Man". Sums it up pretty well. I also "Talk to the Wind" alot. it suits me just fine. :lol::D:P;)

My username is a reference to the guitar I play. The Dean Razorback. Designed by the late great "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. He was brutally murdered on stage the night before he was supposed to get the first copy. His personal favorite Dean guitar was a Dean ML custom painted with lightning bolts on it that he dubbed the Dimebolt. And the Razorback I have is painted to look like his ML. Hence the name Dimebolt.

102_05502.jpg

My avatar is just a pic of a killer 68 Cuda', because they have always been one of my favorites.

Corey

Due to my bulk and prolific "fur", I have gone through life with nicknames such as Bear and Grizzly. These just seemed too cliched and obvious. Then I hit upon Richard Adams novel, Shardik. The title character is an enormous bear, feared and revered as a demigod. Steven King also borrowed this character for his dark tower series for his giant robotic bear guardian.

My avatar is a self portrait.

12-15-12: Since I am not, in fact, a '40 Ford Super Deluxe coupe I thought I should explain that I changed my avatar after my original post. It's a picture I took at the Hot Rods Forever show earlier this year.

If I were a car though...

Edited by Shardik

Mine's pretty simple, Mike is a common name, so I added Custom to it, since I like building customs. My avatar is one of my customs from back when i got my start on-line, back around 2004. I even got one of my builds signed by the great Chip Foose!

FBodyConcepts0014-vi.jpg

ConceptFirebird0028-vi.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well, mines not very cool but I I've had it since 1999, so it will have to do. I grew up a HUGE Star Wars fan (Original Trilogy) Then in 99 the first prequal came out, and it was the first time I remember any of the movies being referred to by their episode number. So in the order they were released, it was episode 4,5,6,1 - epi4561..