Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

30 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Another one for my Atlantis collection - eventually I’d like to build one of each of their car and bike kits I think:

0CBC7E28-57A9-43BD-8506-77812BD619D1.thumb.jpeg.00ff3be2fd2955ea8ebf96e9d36fc3c1.jpeg

I’m excited to dig into this one (but I’d also kinda like to do their kits in chronological order of release, which means I’m starting with the Cadillac and a couple of the Tom Daniel kits before I get to this…)

83F14642-85D4-4856-9F68-815E8DA5CDE3.jpeg.ffa1dd24992f5dcc3dfbbbcda1470495.jpeg

Let me guess, it’s a garbage kit?

4 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Another one for my Atlantis collection - eventually I’d like to build one of each of their car and bike kits I think:

0CBC7E28-57A9-43BD-8506-77812BD619D1.thumb.jpeg.00ff3be2fd2955ea8ebf96e9d36fc3c1.jpeg

I’m excited to dig into this one (but I’d also kinda like to do their kits in chronological order of release, which means I’m starting with the Cadillac and a couple of the Tom Daniel kits before I get to this…)

Jim I think this is the old Revell kit that has everything open.  Not a great kit just a hard one to get right. You can handle it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dpate said:

See you got these early.  I'm DEF getting one of these.  Beautifully detailed sublime kit! 

Yeah been available in Australia at various online retailers for a couple weeks, but I waited for BNA Model World to have them in stock.

Its a high quality and detailed kit for sure, really looking forward to building them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Jim I think this is the old Revell kit that has everything open.  Not a great kit just a hard one to get right.

Right on both counts!

6 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

You can handle it. 

Guess we'll see!  I'll try my best!  Nothing some patience and perseverance can't take care of, hopefully...

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:40 AM, niteowl7710 said:

Local Hobby Shop had one of their "Jumble Sales" over the weekend. Which usually means a bunch of dusty old stock out of the back and some kits out of the owner's personal collection. So this is now officially the most expensive piece of styrene I own (although I have a few resin pieces that have cost more). All there and untouched...

20221119_134052.jpg.15a90e60148acb689c88126fcec10bef.jpg

Also grabbed some more mundane items.

nice Cougar

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Have you actually built one?  

No, but the one i had i kept to use as test parts because mine the body was warped a little and dents all over the body.  The main parts weren't any better and just wasn't worth wasting materials on let alone expensive paint.  I had got this one in its place. Not my pic, but much better kit as far as quality goes. To many options out there to settle for less so the virtue of time does not apply here for me, and that's just my opinion. 

s-l1600.png.aa16f49a0a79e3fe27b7229a5e13138d.png

24 minutes ago, kelson said:

Wasn't aware they were already out,thought they were coming out next month.

Yeah there is a few folks on ebay selling them right now.  I ordered one for $39 free ship.

• Like 1