Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got another motorcycle themed kit on feebay , I really only wanted the trailer and Huskys but The Datsun 620 pickup is kind of cool looking with its small block Chevy engine with headers. The extra gear is nice. If Round 2 still has the tooling for this, they should at least re-release the bikes and trailer with gear.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike C. said:

Got another motorcycle themed kit on feebay , I really only wanted the trailer and Huskys but The Datsun 620 pickup is kind of cool looking with its small block Chevy engine with headers. The extra gear is nice. If Round 2 still has the tooling for this, they should at least re-release the bikes and trailer with gear.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Been wanting one of these for years, nice score! If you want to part with the Datsun let me know.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:42 PM, RSchnell said:

Hit up the swap this morning. Pics posted in the photo section if interested. Here's my haul from the show- Got the 2 promo/annuals and Jo-Han Caddy for $10. The Pontiac will probably wind up being a convertible as the top is warped pretty bad.  The Galaxie needs a rear bumper and the Caddy a top boot, but no complaints at what I paid. The Lindberg Phaeton is an absolutely crude mass of styrene of a kit but for $1 the box art is cool!

The Hubley Packard & Corvette were priced too reasonably to pass up as well! Even bought some 1:1 parts which was nice.

20221203_133755.jpg

20221203_133806.jpg

20221203_134940.jpg

20221203_135007_HDR.jpg

20221203_135049.jpg

I have a part built/stalled project version of that Lindberg Tub sitting in the 'one day I'll get it finished' pile. 😀

steve

On 12/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, Mike C. said:

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Real nice find!  Don’t see manny complete kits anymore!

1 minute ago, slusher said:

Real nice find!  Don’t see manny complete kits anymore!

As far as I could see, it looked like everything was there. We'll see when it gets here. If Round 2 still has this tooling, the time it right to re-release it.

55 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

I got a Maico diecast in 1:18 a few minutes ago. As far as I know, this one and the enduro version are the only Maico's that exist in scale.

40962-f16z.jpeg

is maico an American brand? i've never seen one before and i helped out at the local scrambling (dirt bikes are called scramblers in scotland)club for years

7 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

is maico an American brand? i've never seen one before and i helped out at the local scrambling (dirt bikes are called scramblers in scotland)club for years

They were German. Don't know who took them over. Many point to them as the best off road bike ever made.

Edited by Mike C.

22 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Picked these up today. Paddy Wagon and The Snake are started. The Camaro is complete. That kit has 2 windshields and 2 sets of taillights. 

4C1B2E8A-CDE7-494F-AC35-506883314A1C.jpeg

Where did you find that Camaro? I've wanted to find one of those for a long time. I'd like to build the one that I drove back in '75.

20 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

Where did you find that Camaro? I've wanted to find one of those for a long time. I'd like to build the one that I drove back in '75.

I found it on Marketplace. I bought the 6 kits as a package.  It looks complete.

9FF40D08-C3AA-44A3-815A-261F8BC9D093.jpeg

• Like 1