Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Try call the boss and ask why the driver can not take the time to see if someone is home.

Time is money but what about customer service. UPS is on the drivers about time spent at locations. What if you are in the basement or up stairs .

my dad is the local ups driver here and i love it! he always delivers my stuff first thing in the morning. and occasionally i buy something big like quarter panels for my 1:1 1990 supra or rims or something just to watch him struggle

Very nice score. All I ever see is broken baby toys, old VHS tapes and cheap furniture and old stained clothes.

Same here, I never find anything good. Best I've done in a few years was to find an airplane kit for 50 cents. I don't build aircraft, but who could pass up 50 cents? Even if I give it to someone, it was worth it.

I did go to Good Will last week and have never found anything good there. In the past I have found a few diecast but never model cars. This time I could see the AMT boxes from across the store. I eagerly approached and saw that there were two kits, priced at $4.99 each. They were a Ferrari and a Corvettte, not my material at all, but I opened the boxes to find half built brush painted beauties, no doubt missing parts. I put them back on the shelf.

I did find a brand new Rock and Roll Museum t-shirt for $3.50 though!

The Postman Always Rings Twice, the FedEx guy is a crapashoot.

My problem is that we seldom use our front door. So a package left there can stay for a week! Our mailbox is at the curb so it takes motivation for the mail man to actually get out of the truck and walk the 200 or more feet up the driveway to the house. So he tries to stuff things into the box. Still, I'm glad he doesn't leave them on the ground next to the box like some folks complain about.

The guy I'm mad at is with my local water company. I was home and nobody rang the bell or knocked. I couldn't have missed it because the dog barks. I go outside and there's a door hanger, saying they need to get inside to inspect my inside water meter split (my house has regular water and a sprinkler system). It threatens that if they don't get inside within 10 days, they will turn off my water. So I call them and get a nasty woman who gives me a few weekdays (all day, not a specific time). I'm not available so she again threatens me that they'll turn off my water. So I hang up and try again. This time I got a nice lady who understands that the guy did the hit and run. She asks if I'll be there the rest of the day, yes I will. A nice guy shows up within the hour, who tells me he has to replace the meter and that the first guy is known for doing doing the hit and run to get out of work. Argh!

IMG_3874-vi.jpg

I got this!

I went to a conference and they had a vendor auctioning autographed memorabilia to benefit the foundation. Lots of sports figures and music folks. Everything from balls, helmets to guitars. I was just looking until I saw this one that just floored me. It's a wonderfully matted and framed set of Who autographs. Roger Daultrey and Pete Townsend, each on a CD along with a nice album photo and the words to Baba O'Riley, one of my favorite Who tunes.

It was a silent auction so for the three days of the conference I watched it, wanting it more every day. I was just watching to see who got it and how much it would end up. I figured it would bring bigger money than I would spend. I happened to be there when the auction ended, and the lady announced that anything without bids could be bought for the minimum bid. Seems nobody else bid on that specific piece, so I dove on it! Another guy was right behind me and moaned when he saw me grab it. I paid more for it than I have a model car if that's a hint. But it's sooo cool!

IMG_3874-vi.jpg

I got this!

I went to a conference and they had a vendor auctioning autographed memorabilia to benefit the foundation. Lots of sports figures and music folks. Everything from balls, helmets to guitars. I was just looking until I saw this one that just floored me. It's a wonderfully matted and framed set of Who autographs. Roger Daultrey and Pete Townsend, each on a CD along with a nice album photo and the words to Baba O'Riley, one of my favorite Who tunes.

It was a silent auction so for the three days of the conference I watched it, wanting it more every day. I was just watching to see who got it and how much it would end up. I figured it would bring bigger money than I would spend. I happened to be there when the auction ended, and the lady announced that anything without bids could be bought for the minimum bid. Seems nobody else bid on that specific piece, so I dove on it! Another guy was right behind me and moaned when he saw me grab it. I paid more for it than I have a model car if that's a hint. But it's sooo cool!

Great buy , one of the top bands ever . A great song also . Now I am singing in my head. there all wasted .......

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...