Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Traded an RC truck I had that I hadnt used in like four years for the following. Testors MKII. MPC MKIV. MPC GT. And 4 Fujimi GT40s.

20170715_152319_zpsrnimvrwa.jpg

There's another GT in with the small white GT. Half are started half are untouched. I havent inspected them all yet, but I'm happy. Eight new Ford GT40 kits to work on this winter.

Edited by Jhedir6

My father & I went to look at these. We were told take what you want! Still trying to figure out what to take home.

Wow. I'd save those cool "STOP" flashers above the windshield of that school bus if the lenses are OK. Too bad the FC Jeeps are all eaten up.

Mark, are you a member of the H.A.M.B.? I'd like to post a couple of those to their "Sitting and Rotting" thread with your permission.

Wow. I'd save those cool "STOP" flashers above the windshield of that school bus if the lenses are OK. Too bad the FC Jeeps are all eaten up.

Mark, are you a member of the H.A.M.B.? I'd like to post a couple of those to their "Sitting and Rotting" thread with your permission.

No I'm not a member, yet. Sure, use all the pictures you want, I have more if your interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Parked outside the Huddle House where I was eating breakfast...a time machine!  Took me straight back to the days when everybody wanted one of these...

1957 Chevy Bel Air

--White top, red body.  Matching red-and-white tuck & roll interior. Even the package tray was covered in white tuck & roll Naugahyde.  Instrument panel and carpet were black.

--Cragar 5-spoke chrome "mag" wheels

--Hurst floor shifter

--Chrome dual exhaust extensions. 

When I was a kid, '57 Chevys were everywhere. My cousin's boyfriend had one, in black and white with matching tuck-and-roll interior.  His had been updated with a 327 and 4-speed out of a Corvette.  Another cousin (married with kids) bought an ex-police 4-door '57 Chevy. You could still see the marks where the roof light "bubble gum machine" had been mounted.

Breaking the law since I did not see these today but instead Tuesday last week when I was on vacation, my excuse being that I didn't have internet access to post, and didn't get around to fishing out my photos 'til today. Anyway, coming over Red Mountain Pass in Colorado in a guided tour, I got the first over-the-shoulder pic below of what was probably a dozen or more Cobras parked in a line for a photo shoot (I think). Later in Ouray, I spotted some driving toward a hotel and snagged a pic there. And the following morning, I caught one leaving down as I was heading in the other direction on another guided driving tour. Can't find any web site explaining this, apart from an Instagram pic with a Superformance hashtag.  Not shown, but among this mob was also a Cobra coupe and a Corvette Grandsport. Some kind of kit car club mountains drive, no doubt.

CobraLine.thumb.JPG.fbc07cffe3370ef3eec3

CobraHotel.thumb.JPG.0b6809c527649d2c68e

CobraDepart.thumb.JPG.195b5f89c2024dc929

At the grocery store, so didn't have my camera with e. 70 Challenger, light blue, full hub caps, white vinyl roof, white interior and would say from the little old lady that got out of it: original owner.

I think I've seen that car in Phoenix...can't be many around in that color combo.

I think I've seen that car in Phoenix...can't be many around in that color combo.

I saw it at the Fry's on Glendale and 19th Ave. I think I've seen it around that area before. That's the old folks 10 off day at the store. Maybe next month I should take my camera and just lurk for awhile. No maybe wait until November so its under a 100.

I saw it at the Fry's on Glendale and 19th Ave. I think I've seen it around that area before. That's the old folks 10 off day at the store. Maybe next month I should take my camera and just lurk for awhile. No maybe wait until November so its under a 100.

It sounds like a car I saw on 7th Ave going north between Camelback and Missouri a couple months ago...