Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

I have to get a dash cam!  :D

Heading towards New Jersey on the Pennsylvania Turnpike yesterday we passed a Ford Model A headed the same direction.  He was in the slow lane and had a flasher on the back of it to warn people of a slow moving vehicle.   It was really odd to see this survivor in modern traffic.  

Guess I need to get someone teach me how to use the camera on my phone. Was heading up 67 Ave by Greenway for people familiar with the area yesterday and I'm almost never in that area. Saw a Crosley wagon on a trailer, couldn't tell if it'd been hot rodded or not.

I have to get a dash cam!  :D

Heading towards New Jersey on the Pennsylvania Turnpike yesterday we passed a Ford Model A headed the same direction.  He was in the slow lane and had a flasher on the back of it to warn people of a slow moving vehicle.   It was really odd to see this survivor in modern traffic.  

I saw a commercial on TV for a mirror camera that mounts over your stock mirror and it has a built in camera that can be turned to different directions and plug in a cord to down load. May be a good investment. ????? I forget the name and I think it was around 50 bucks.

Do American car meetings in the Netherlands also qualify for this thread? If yes, here are two cars of last Saterdays meeting in The Hague, with maybe 150 cars attending. I don't know zilch about the two pictured cars, maybe someone can enlighten me?

dsc_28326a.jpg

dsc_28340a.jpg

Rob

Here's a few rolling on the roads in the Berkshires

Model A maroon DSC7772

I see this Nisson almost every day. The lightning was applied with an airbrush

Nissin Lightning Truck blue DSC4655

50s Chevy orange DSC5281

Buick DSC5768

D Sou DSC5909

T Rod blue DSC3989

Jag XKE DSC7499

I had five of these, glad to see one still on the road.

Porsche 944 DSC3817

Edited by Foxer

Funny how we get a gut reaction when we see something like this car. My first thought was Pierce.

Pierce is a maybe. There were literately dozens of car manufacturers back about this time frame. Would like to  see more of it. I have a decent  late teens / early 20s model stash put away . And the desire to dig into that section of the pile is growing steadily

Do American car meetings in the Netherlands also qualify for this thread? If yes, here are two cars of last Saterdays meeting in The Hague, with maybe 150 cars attending. I don't know zilch about the two pictured cars, maybe someone can enlighten me?

dsc_28326a.jpg

dsc_28340a.jpg

Rob

Green car is a Studebaker from around 1950, the black car is a Chevy Fleetline 4dr fastback from around 1950 also.

dsc_28326a.jpg

dsc_28340a.jpg

Rob

Others will chime in but the first I believe is a 1950-51 Studebaker Champion.  The canister in the rear window is (more or less) an early version of an air conditioner.  The curb feeler on the front bumper is a nice touch.  My grandparents always had them in the early 60s.

Others will chime in but the first I believe is a 1950-51 Studebaker Champion.  The canister in the rear window is (more or less) an early version of an air conditioner.  The curb feeler on the front bumper is a nice touch.  My grandparents always had them in the early 60s.

Thanks too! Here's a close-up, showing the brand and the filler cap.

dsc_28344a.jpg

Rob