Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Cool...I've had a lot of contractors in and out lately with various remodelings/upgrades I've been doing to my house, nothing like that though..lots of pickups and vans. 

It's not his daily driver, that's for sure. He drives some big 'ol generic pick-up truck for that.

Saw it while coming home from visiting Mom at the hospital, it's an '82 factory 5.0l and T-Top car that was converted back in the late 80's under license and has never seen the salty roads of a Midwestwern winter.  It even has a whole bunch of sounds that both KITT and KARR would make and the KITT sounds were actual William Danials (also well know as Mr. Feeney in the Boy and Girl Meet World tv series) sound tracks that were activated via pushbutton or in trying to enter the car, with the alarm system.

LOL nice!

Saw it while coming home from visiting Mom at the hospital, it's an '82 factory 5.0l and T-Top car that was converted back in the late 80's under license and has never seen the salty roads of a Midwestwern winter.  It even has a whole bunch of sounds that both KITT and KARR would make and the KITT sounds were actual William Danials (also well know as Mr. Feeney in the Boy and Girl Meet World tv series) sound tracks that were activated via pushbutton or in trying to enter the car, with the alarm system.

nice!!

So I got to spend a little time with a '67 GTO last week. One of my vendors here at work has turned into a good friend, and his dad was proudly showing off his build. So far, he's entered five shows and has taken best of show five times.

Slightly modified, not quite stock.

Was on a hoist getting some tweaks, so didn't get a good shot of the whole car, but will do next time I visit them. I have attached a pic of the whole car, taken last winter when the car was first completed.

IMG_20170818_211352_342.jpg

IMG_20170818_1114270.jpg

IMG_20170818_1104480.jpg

IMG_20170818_1114343.jpg

IMG_20170818_1114390.jpg

IMG_20170818_1114533.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One of our vendors showed up today in one of his toys.

It's not mint, but it's decent, and it's a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Not in terms of speed or handling; in both cases it's kind fo weak. I'm talking in terms of noise and attention value!

This goofy car can't help but make you smile. Especially when doing burnouts.

Although, I gave him heck for not wearing a cowboy hat while driving it. I told him that was mandatory.

Anyway, it's a 1979, has had a repaint, but is otherwise all original.

IMG_20170828_1417169.jpg

IMG_20170828_1417274.jpg

Cobras,saleens and Rouschs.....Oh my!

We are in Myrtle Beach,Sc on vacation this and a I noticed an inordinate number of Mustangs cruising the 50 block long stretch of Ocean Blvd that runs in front of our motel. Not only can you see them,you can hear them! As it is after labor day the crowd is considerably thinner than last week. Our motel is at 45 percent capacity and there are still at least 10 hot Mustangs in our parking garage. Overall it's fun too see and hear them everywhere we go.

We stopped at a grocery last night and a couple pulled in right in front of us in a black Mustang convertible prepared by a dealer in Lebanon,Ohio. This one was marked "745 HP" and all dressed up in Batman emblems and custom paint.I have pix but Don't know how to post them.

Edited by misterNNL
Left out words.