Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has that Revell Crown Victoria come out yet?

English Jules

Who's doing market research to Revell?,Crown Victoria....really?there is no kit of the new Z/28 or new Stingray and they wasted money on an entirely new mold for that BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH.....I like there quality of kits but I hope they don't sell a single one of this one.

Yeah. I mean, how DARE Revell produce a kit of a car you don't like, right?

If we can get the spell checking comedians to stick to the topic I'm fine with that.I do agree with several post as it relates to 1998 and newer models would have been a much better kit to produce.The lindenberg version really left no room for Improvement as it was a accurate kit.

I think, and its of my opinion, that if Revell did the 98 and up body style, it would of been a hit , even in the current style of kit, "build and play", all the police car guys probably would of snapped them up, I know I would of been down for at least a dozen, its real head scratcher it is, but it is what it is.

Agreed, but the lindenberg kit was hardly the pinnacle of kit design. It was missing some seams - the ones parallel to the rear window on the c pillar, and the ones at either end of the header panel in front of the hood pop immediately to mind. I don't know what happened to the later issues with the clear taillights - they were painted only halfway. All in all, they were pretty good models. I've still got a couple of the early issues laying about - I've been thinking about building one as a Lakehurst, NJ police car.

I did see the kit in the LHS today. Does it have the "police markings" printed on the model, or are they decals/stickers?

Edited by SSNJim

The Lindberg kit could have been more detailed but it really is an excellent representation to the point that it leaves no room for improvement. As SSNJim points out, you're much better off getting the original Ohio State Patrol or Orange County Fire versions from the 90's. They contain slightly more parts and the lenses are painted in a much better manner. They go for the same price as the re-releases from a few years ago on ebay.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the markings are stickers. Revell has only included stickers with their Snap models.

Maybe one day we will get a 98-2011 kit. After all, it took AMT 10 years to do a release of the Dodge Monaco kit.

I don't know about the Orange County Fire version

Butt the original kit "Ohio State patrol" had Clear RED tail lights

Not painted clear lenses!!

I do wish they would re-issue it with the Vision/Vector 'V' lightbar, but

I am guessing that some of the tooling for that was lost/damaged

so all subsequent issues had the MX only

Even the CHP which Should have had the V bar!!!!

TOO many episodes of "COPS" show that!!

Also, they Should have included all Clear, or 4 each Clear, Red, Blue & amber

so any arrangement of them could have been done.

If you looked closely, you could see that 2 of the caps were Blue on the Ohio cruise on the box.

But, to be Correct, they should have included a Whelan "Edge" Strobe

Lightbar.

I have a Book that includes a Pic Of Ohio 1933 (Lindberg's Decal OSP unit #

and it had an Edge bar Not the Vision/Vector!!

And Yes, it was Red on the Left, Blue on the right!!!)

An Ohio resident told me there were No OSP cruisers with the V bar too!!

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the markings are stickers. Revell has only included stickers with their Snap models.

True, but Revell has not included any stickers in the Build N Play kits, of which the CV is a member. That's why I was asking. I almost bought one at the LHS, but the box art left me with the impression that they were tampo printed on the kits.

I don't know about the Orange County Fire version

Butt the original kit "Ohio State patrol" had Clear RED tail lights

Not painted clear lenses!!

You're absolutely right, I had forgotten. By the way, using so many exclamation marks makes it seem like you're screaming!!!!!

On the other hand, the OSP kit has the best and most detailed 1/24 - 1/25 Vector/Vision light bar out there.

True, but Revell has not included any stickers in the Build N Play kits, of which the CV is a member. That's why I was asking. I almost bought one at the LHS, but the box art left me with the impression that they were tampo printed on the kits.

I'm confusing the Build N Play kits with the traditional SnapTite kits.

Hopefully someone can post some pictures of this kit when they grab it. I'm just curious at this point more than I am interested.

Edited by av405

Yeah, every Build-'n-Play has had painted/printed features of some type, so printed department logos aren't too surprising here. Certainly not as much as the subject choice.

Of course, they've done some ground work on the running gear now, so who knows - maybe they'll eventually get to a '98+ Crown Vic. Funny that this kit itself is one of the stranger things that have happened...

I haven't found any pictures on the web of this kit apart from the official ones from Revell. But here's a quick video of it:

The grille isn't chromed either. It seems like a good kit for its intended audience but anybody who is half serious about building an accurate CV of the era would be dumb to choose this thing over the Lindberg model. Let's just hope this kit leads to a 98-2011 model as it seems to be happening with the Ford Raptor kit.

Now that this will be out for the snap-build crowd, it would be great if they would create a glue kit for those who want one. It could be a 2004 model, and the kit could easily be a 4n1 kit.

Version 1: Stock base model with wheel covers (that would go on top of a set of steel wheels)

Version 2: LX Sport model with alloy wheels and floor shift

Version 3: Undercover/detective model using stock wheel covers, spotlights, and "hidden" flashing lights

Version 4: Fully decked out police cruiser with steel wheels and center caps, light bar (could have options like the Charger kit), interior divider, computer, spotlights, decals.

It seems like alot, but it's just two sets of wheels (plus two sets of covers), all the police specific stuff, and a few fancier parts for the LX Sport model, so it's an expanded 2n1 kit. Or if they wanted to make several kits, they could as well. 1) Stock and Sport, 2) Undercover and Police Cruiser 3) Taxi with a few different decal and service light options. It's one of those tools that could easily be used several different times to recoup their costs.

Now that this will be out for the snap-build crowd, it would be great if they would create a glue kit for those who want one. It could be a 2004 model, and the kit could easily be a 4n1 kit.

Version 1: Stock base model with wheel covers (that would go on top of a set of steel wheels)

Version 3: Undercover/detective model using stock wheel covers, spotlights, and "hidden" flashing lights

Version 4: Fully decked out police cruiser with steel wheels and center caps, light bar (could have options like the Charger kit), interior divider, computer, spotlights, decals.

It seems like alot, but it's just two sets of wheels (plus two sets of covers), all the police specific stuff, and a few fancier parts for the LX Sport model, so it's an expanded 2n1 kit. Or if they wanted to make several kits, they could as well. 1) Stock and Sport, 2) Undercover and Police Cruiser 3) Taxi with a few different decal and service light options. It's one of those tools that could easily be used several different times to recoup their costs.

I'd love to see those, plus a Marauder version...

Well i would buy 5 of those at least. compared to not a single one of the old CV they have just brought out. Im in UK so not has high demand but there is a following in Europe