Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 3rd Quarter Announcements?

Matt T.

Well, I don't think they've officially announced 3rd quarter stuff yet, but here are all the unfulfilled TBA's that aren't out yet. Sure some will slip into the 3rd qtr or even later. Expected due dates if I know them, subject to change, as always.

New kits:

1/25 2014 Corvette Stingray (Snap Kit - due late June)
1/25 Starsky & Hutch Torino (due ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
1/25 1957 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon (due late June)
1/25 1929 Model A Roadster (2 in 1) (due summerish)
1/25 2014 Corvette Stingray (Glue Kit)
1/25 2013 Camaro ZL1 (unpainted with decals)
Reissues:

1/25 BRE 240Z Datsun Race Car (SSP)
1/25 Auto Transport Trailer (due late May)
1/24 1955 Ford Panel Truck
1/24 1980 Ford Ranger Pickup Truck
1/25 1972 Porsche 914/6

1/24 Tom Daniel's Jinx Express (due late June)

Revell 1/25 Fast & Furious Brian's Mitsubishi Eclipse

Revell Drag Nut

Revell 1/24 Joey Logano #22 Shell Pennzoil Ford Fusion

Revell 1/24 Brad Keselowski #2 Blue Deuce Ford Fusion

Revell 1/25 Dan Fink Metalworks Speedwagon

Revell 1/24 Joey Logano #22 Shell Pennzoil Ford Fusion

Revell 1/24 Brad Keselowski #2 Blue Deuce Ford Fusion

You better not be teasing me Casey, or we are gonna go rounds

Brett, is the full glue C7 kit going be like that of the pre paint Camaro/Challenger kit (minus the pre paint)

Edited by martinfan5

Cool! Love the idea of the Fusion Nascar kits but I doubt the Blue Deuce will have the proper decals. Miller Brewery decals won't fly this day and age. Still a cool announcement though.

Will not have the Miller Decals, I think there is a law that wont allow them to do them.

Will not have the Miller Decals, I think there is a law that wont allow them to do them.

Why no beer decals? As long as the verbage on the kit deflects away from children then they have loopholes to run with it. Think back to Revell doing the Earnhardt JR. Budweiser M/C and the Bernstein Budweiser top fuel kit. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Either way it's good news because the aftermarket decal industry will jump all over these new kits.

Why no beer decals? As long as the verbage on the kit deflects away from children then they have loopholes to run with it. Think back to Revell doing the Earnhardt JR. Budweiser M/C and the Bernstein Budweiser top fuel kit. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Either way it's good news because the aftermarket decal industry will jump all over these new kits.

I honestly forget about Jr's Bud kits, I recall it was labeled for the adult collectors , or something like that.

I am sure there is a reason why there are going the safe route.

If the NASCAR Fords are successful, maybe they will do the Chevy and Toyota...all my favorite drivers drive Chevys (Hendrick and Stewart-Haas teams).

You are on the right track with something you said , its that "L" word, leaving it at that.

Edited by martinfan5

Really happy too that we are getting a NASCAR Gen 6 kit. no big deal to me that it's a snap. Aftermarket should be offering some good decals, and it's the right scale 1/24

No surprise too see the 17 Raptor. Nice too see the Olds Pace Car kit. The first issue from about 6 years ago was quickly discontinued.

Do the NASCAR Fusions have blacked out windows? Hollow cars, or do they have some form of interior?

I am also glad to see the Olds back. I am still hoping that we get one with a roof someday, but this one is nice to see too. I have the Revell Muscle version. I wonder how much the resin figure is going to jack it up? I will get one for sure, two if they're reasonable. I might be in for a Speedwagon as I can always use more '32s

Snap-tite max, anyone here know what the max stands for?

Maybe a bit more detail than a regular snapper? Slightly higher parts count? I know aftermarket will fill the decal needs, but hoping these have water slide decals, or both stickers and water slide....

So do you guys think the Raptor will be a real kit and not a build and play? It says Snaptite so I would assume so, but those headlights look suspiciously painted to me in that picture.

On another note, has anybody come out with waterslide Raptor decals yet?