Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some more Round2 surprizes!

"yes, a mid 70s high school 67 charger may be a neat group build idea..."

Funny thing is that early Chargers were never plentiful. I graduated in 1976 and don't remember a single one at my school.  Back then Mopars hadn't come of age yet. I had two 1966 Valiants, one a slant six V100 2 door sedan and the other was a Signet 2 door hardtop with a 273 that went like stink!  Even when I added a '65 Barracuda to the stable, they really got no respect back then!   But the good part was that when you could find parts, they were cheap!

no, those 66-67 Chargers were not plentiful, and they were not that popular either. the other mid size muscle of the 66-67 years being Chevelle, Fairlane, Coronet and several other models were always more common on the street, or strip. as for the comment that Mopars hadn't come of age, I couldn't disagree more. i make this statement only from personal observation from that era, as i can assure you that those staging lanes at the drags back then had more 340 Swingers and new Roadrunners filling the tarmac than just about anything. yes, all the makes were abundant ...however those cars were inexpensive by comparison to many others, and they ran strong for the most part. as for the 'respect' comment,,,,,maybe little for slant 6 powered cars or a 273......but the others i mention, along with most Mopar performance cars from that time, simply not the case....the ace...<_<

AMT-928 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo

Looks like a fauxback box for this reissue:

amt928.jpg 

Now THAT ....is cool!!!

That angle really shows how Chevy used the Chevelle rear window on the Monte Carlo.

Snatched my '67 Charger from the Shelf of Doom and have been working on it a little. I'd filled all the sinkholes with putty years ago, now I'm working that all down. Still, I think the body's gonna end up a little rough.

I'm dreading the thought of polishing that body out--lots of sharp edges and "nooks and crannies." So I'm thinking of finishing it either in primer, or in a flat-finish like a weathered car might look in the mid to late '70s. When I want to build a GOOD '67 Charger, I'll build the Revell kit.

It's great to see the 67 Charger coming back as the street machines version. I did drive a 66 Charger as my first car in High School, circa '76-'80. Here are a couple of pics from back in the day! I can still remember first seeing this kit, and being able to build a copy of my own car, I couldn't believe it !

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Remember this kit having pesky sinkmarks on the "end cap" areas of the fender and RR1/4 panel.

Hopefully they addressed that, production wise, or tooling wise by opening the grille and taillite cavity of the body

After all the interest shown in this kit in this thread, I dug mine off the Shelf of Doom and have been working on it. New Workbench thread here. I invite all to post your own '67 Charger WIP pics in that thread:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/104893-the-great-mpc-67-charger-wip-workbench-thread/

Hopefully Round 2 corrected some of the errors n the original  kit'a decal sheet, specifically the non-correct "hump" in the side stripe under the C-pillar, the omission of the vertical blackout panels for the R/T-specific door depressions under the A-pillar, and the too-large ciutout on the hood blackout panel, which left a body color margin around the fresh air scoop....TIM 

Hopefully Round 2 corrected some of the errors n the original  kit'a decal sheet, specifically the non-correct "hump" in the side stripe under the C-pillar, the omission of the vertical blackout panels for the R/T-specific door depressions under the A-pillar, and the too-large ciutout on the hood blackout panel, which left a body color margin around the fresh air scoop....TIM 

Too bad Round2 didn't tool some extra optional parts, to make this great kit, even better, parts like a hidden headlamp bumper, std. RR bumper, bucket seats with center console and last but not least some new footwear, be it 70s style street machine, or modern day resto mod....

Get Creative!

Edited by Luc Janssens
spelling and punctiation errors.

Too bad Round2 didn't tool some extra optional parts, to make this great kit, even better, parts like a hidden headlamp bumper, std. RR bumper, bucket seats with center console and last but not least some new footwear, be it 70s style street machine, or modern day resto mod....

Get Creative!

Luc...don't think I didn't mention similar ideas (actually, the same ideas except for the wheels), and several others along the same vein...maybe they'll consider them down the road.....TB

Get Creative!

funny enoutg the general Lee kit has the hideaway headlight covers . So if youre looking for those they can be found there.

^^^ "Actual product/packaging may vary from preview image shown"

Yes, for one thing, it'll say "AMT" on it somewhere :lol:. Still, you could build a movie car from it:

i005772.jpg

The REAL Gone in 60 Seconds!!!!!!

I love that film and all it's great cars......also the Satellite that gets hit......hate it's fate....love the car!!!  

funny enoutg the general Lee kit has the hideaway headlight covers . So if youre looking for those they can be found there.

Thanks for the suggestion, but already knew that.

My plea was more like, what Round2 would have to do, to make me buy something, I basically already have in the stash, no more no less...

It's not that the crew at Round-2 is doing a bad job, just want them to take the re-release program to another level, which can't be a bad thing, not?

Thanks

Luc

Edited by Luc Janssens

I agree,  with all the re-issues they should put something new in them so those of us who already have an un-built one in stock would still buy the new reissue. New decals, wheels and tires at the very least, but a second hood or grill as an option would also help sales with minimal added expense to the manufacturer.

I agree,  with all the re-issues they should put something new in them so those of us who already have an un-built one in stock would still buy the new reissue. New decals, wheels and tires at the very least, but a second hood or grill as an option would also help sales with minimal added expense to the manufacturer.

Maybe the next owner will think of that. Seems like the proverbial ReMax sign never goes away at their offices.