Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 members have voted

1. 1. "A" or "B" ?

• I Like Option "A"
    • I Like Option "B"
    • I Like Option "C"

I guess the question is "Which car sucks the least?" In which case it'd be "C," but only because it actually has an interesting engine, a gen-u-wine early Olds OHV V-8, and it looks like it would relatively easy to take all apart and properly finish. The fat radial whitewalls would have to go in the "sell this junk" pile.

I think a general moratorium needs to be declaring across all segments of the car hobby on exaggerated patina finishes, especially with clear on them.

I wouldn't kick any of them off my shelf.

From the aspect of what I'd like to have in my garage...

I don't like chopped tops.

I don't like fake garage signs or other text on the doors

I don't like small block Chevy V8s in traditional style rods

If I had to pick one to drive off in, I'd pick C... even if I'm uncomfortable with the questionable use of an American Flag... I could fix that!

Bill, what's with the exhaust system on "D"?

The megaphone / lakes pipe headers have caps under the turnouts (which don't look right in the photo), and the street exhaust system runs down from the megs and out the back.

Click on the youtube video link directly under the photo in post #14 for a better look.

Even unfinished like that it's still miles ahead of the others. Only thing I'd do different is to move the rear wheel arches up to match the tire and maybe go with a little less chop (too much chop plus channeled means your head winds up sticking out the roof insert...)

Umm...great looking car, but it's a '32. All the rest are '30-'31 model-A bodies.

I was just about to mention that, and thought I'd make one last pass through the thread to see if anyone else had noticed it. Glad I did. B)