Model Cars Magazine Forum

85 Oldsmobile Delta 88

Grzegorz

Fantastic save. Another beautiful addition to your fleet

i believe the delta 88 had Amber and red tail lights while the 88 royale had the solid red light. I had a friend who's parents had one of each model. I think they were both 83 models.

I love it! I'm a Ford guy, but I've owned a couple of these, and for my money, they're about the best car GM managed to squeeze out in the '80's. Assuming you avoided the diesel...

Fantastic save. Another beautiful addition to your fleet

i believe the delta 88 had Amber and red tail lights while the 88 royale had the solid red light. I had a friend who's parents had one of each model. I think they were both 83 models.

Well... you're belief is on the right track. B) The amber turn signal lens came for '84. That year, there was no "base" Delta 88- they were all Royales, or Royale Broughams. As far as I'm aware, all Deltas came with amber taillight lenses from '84 on- they even carried the theme over to the front-drive version.

Nice.

Any details on:

1) how you saved the roof?

2) how hard was it to rescribe the door lines?

3) how hard was it to scratchbuild the new grille?

1 ..used hot water

2. it was not that difficult

3.used the head lights from the original(resin ) grill

I love it! I'm a Ford guy, but I've owned a couple of these, and for my money, they're about the best car GM managed to squeeze out in the '80's. Assuming you avoided the diesel...

Well... you're belief is on the right track. B) The amber turn signal lens came for '84. That year, there was no "base" Delta 88- they were all Royales, or Royale Broughams. As far as I'm aware, all Deltas came with amber taillight lenses from '84 on- they even carried the theme over to the front-drive version.

,,,,if it comes to turn signal they are orange, picture you should have done better at them you can see, based on the original 85 Oldsmobile brochure ...

here the pics

feb5f353bfe93c75med.jpg

cb3518228b913087med.jpg

Thanks

The 1985 Royale Brougham LS had taillights like those. And yes, you could order them without a vinyl top.

Not perfect, but a decent representation.

Charlie Larkin

...next time I'll try to do it better, thanks