Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell discontinued Del Rio wagon.

My buddy who is a wholesaler said he sold out in minutes when he thought he had ordered a 2 month supply. It is proving to be more popular than Revell thought. Rumors of the death of plastic models is just rumors....

...Sounds like the run sold out, which can't be a bad thing at all regardless to your opinions of the bumper, fenders or any other part of that kit.

Sell outs = Money

Money = MOOOOOAAAAR models...

That would be the best encouragement for Revell to tool up some more longroofs. Wouldn't it be sweet if they decided to cook up another variation of their tri-five Chevy tooling with a 150 Handyman wagon? I can picture one of those being a nice seller, too...

My LHS sold out of the Del Rio in days along with the 71 Ranger. To my surprise and theirs, they still had 2 of the 69 F100s. So I got one of them.

Same thing happened with the Revell 70 Hemi Cuda. I got one of the first ones and it was so hot I traded mine away for a vintage kit I could not pass up. Funny part was that when the 2nd batch came out I grabbed one right away. I noticed that Revell fixed the 7 cylinder distributor that the first batch had!

That would be the best encouragement for Revell to tool up some more longroofs. Wouldn't it be sweet if they decided to cook up another variation of their tri-five Chevy tooling with a 150 Handyman wagon? I can picture one of those being a nice seller, too...

That would indeed be nice. Perhaps they'll get the message.

I wouldn't be upset with an all-new '55 or '57 Nomad, either.

Charlie Larkin

They ran out of Del Rios because I bought 5.

Seriously, it's a home run. It has some many possibilities from the modeler's point of view. I would not be surprised if a Country Squire version is down the road. Dump the old Squires now!

Seriously, it's a home run. It has some many possibilities from the modeler's point of view. I would not be surprised if a Country Squire version is down the road. Dump the old Squires now!

100% correct.......can you also see a gasser, Race team with trailer and Midget or vintage rail? So many things......

Spot on. It seems more and more have been on ebay sense they gave a release date for these.

Seems no matter what new kit comes out some one complains about some thing. i am glad to see new kits..

I'm with you.I want more kits.so I'm happy about.no matter the problems....I build what I want out of it anyways....do I just fix the problems I don't like don't agree or like...just need more kits.

Like Abe Lincoln said......'don't believe everything you read on the internet' .....now it seems he should have added LHS too...

My buddy who is a wholesaler said he sold out in minutes when he thought he had ordered a 2 month supply. It is proving to be more popular than Revell thought. Rumors of the death of plastic models is just rumors....

But they cant put it on the internet if it's not true......

I just bought this model today (okay, technically yesterday now. Friday). It's for a club theme build.

The owner/operator of the hobby shop I went to told me "you just got the last one I had, it's been discontinued".

I told him he was told wrong, he gave me the same story "Revell's owner/distributor has said it's been discontinued." I told him whoever told him that was mistaken, it has just sold out, been a big discussion on the internet about this, etc.

I don't think he believed me.

Oh well. We will probably keep hearing this until the next release shows up at the hobby stores.

Russ

I just bought this model today (okay, technically yesterday now. Friday). It's for a club theme build.

The owner/operator of the hobby shop I went to told me "you just got the last one I had, it's been discontinued".

I told him he was told wrong, he gave me the same story "Revell's owner/distributor has said it's been discontinued." I told him whoever told him that was mistaken, it has just sold out, been a big discussion on the internet about this, etc.

I don't think he believed me.

Oh well. We will probably keep hearing this until the next release shows up at the hobby stores.

Russ

What hobby store ?