Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Site/Forum Look

Let's see if this works --

2012-07-14.jpg

I dragged and dropped the file into the area at the bottom of the editor. That seems to work, and actually work very well.

The insert URL just sat there and spun its little working animation. I was using the direct URL from photobucket..

Edited by Dave Ambrose
Report results

OK, I just attached this pic from my own hard disc, and not from Fotki. I see the box with the drop down menu where you can attach a pic to a post with its URL---------tried that just now from Fotki, and it's still not working. FWIW, I'm on my laptop as opposed to my PC, and the issue remains the same.

Here's the pic from my hard disc...........

Bill_G_Jaguar_03.thumb.jpg.548da8e22a82b

I see it showing up on my end..........let's see if It remains after I hit the "Submit Reply" button. ;)

OK, that works........But as Tom mentioned, is there going to be a limit on how many pics one can post using this method?

..................And here's another. Didn't see the "Max Total Size" amount change as of yet.

P6020468.thumb.jpg.7675e1cef1ab749470968

Edited by MrObsessive

Gregg, the "insert other media"  "insert image from URL" was the way I always posted pictures, Friday you could paste in the code, hit "insert image to post" and the little loading icon just keeps spinning. Sunday I got it to accept 1 image code and it appeared in the draft stage, but when I sent it to post it was gone.

Dave, loading from the hard drive is the option, but when you run out of room and delete pictures it leaves the forum with broken links in the thread, its all workable just have to change the way I do pictures on the cave wall.

"Do you guys see the "Insert other media" grey button above the "Submit Reply" black button on the bottom of the reply to topic?" Yes, it appears just as you describe

That has two options, existing attachment, and "insert image from URL"Do they not work?   No, the button brings up pop up. The "insert image from URL" allows me to put in my image location text, but once you hit "insert image in post"  the squirrel cage just turns and turns, never ending. It's stuck.   I just tried the "insert existing attachment" button.  It gives me an error message, "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account."  Maybe because I have no images saved?  I dunno

Also, I really want the image to open in a new window, not your existing one.  It does bring up a pop up

Thanks for all the work and concern.  

Okay. 

I have some work to do.

I'll look into this tonight.

Do you guys see the "Insert other media" grey button above the "Submit Reply" black button on the bottom of the reply to topic?

That has two options, existing attachment, and "insert image from URL"

Do they not work?

Also, I really want the image to open in a new window, not your existing one.

I have the other issues in a file to work on.

mahalo

Thanks for the bit about the phone default theme.

Didn't know that, and will try to post notice about themes also. that may  be an issue, since I did change the theme when this all started.

going bald....

arrrgggghhhh

The insert other media insert image from URL no longer works, but I did insert the image with a copy from Photobucket and Paste in the editor.  Your comment of this being a WYSIWYG editor made think this morning to try out a paste such as building a word document and it did work.

Do you guys see the "Insert other media" grey button above the "Submit Reply" black button on the bottom of the reply to topic? That has two options, existing attachment, and "insert image from URL"

Do they not work?

going bald....

arrrgggghhhh

All I get from the insert URL,... is the wheel of death.

Interesting new and very annoying glitch...

I just wrote a long and thought out technical response to a question asked, hit "submit reply", and the site took me to a "404 error, the page you're looking for does not exist" screen and dumped my reply.

Nice.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I just wrote a long and thought out technical response to a question asked, hit "submit reply", and the site took me to a "404 error, the page you're looking for does not exist" screen and dumped my reply.

Nice.

I hate when that happens, although never here.  If I'm typing a long post I usually "copy" it before hitting the post button.

Nice.

Bummer. For a lengthy post, I always copy it, paste it in Word and save. THEN hit 'send' in the  thread. I don't trust these new electrons yet.............

Edited by Cato

The pic appears "squashed" from my view.........I copied the image from Fotki, and pasted in the reply box. That's one way to get pics to show from there------just appears distorted too much for me.

.......................And now the blue color I like to use has been scrubbed for the moment it seems. :huh:

The pic appears "squashed" from my view.........I copied the image from Fotki, and pasted in the reply box. That's one way to get pics to show from there------just appears distorted too much for me.

.......................And now the blue color I like to use has been scrubbed for the moment it seems. :huh:

The photo looks fine to me. What link did you use?  When I use the Code for Forums you can click on my photo and it will take you to my Fotki page, your photo does not.

I hate when that happens, although never here.  If I'm typing a long post I usually "copy" it before hitting the post button.

Amen to that. I'm so paranoid about power outages or web glitches (no UPS system on my PC), that I routinely copy lengthy text before punching submit, or type and save in Outlook, just in case.

Edited by Roadrunner

The photo looks fine to me. What link did you use?  When I use the Code for Forums you can click on my photo and it will take you to my Fotki page, your photo does not.

Tom, I just right clicked on the pic, hit "copy image", then pasted it here in the text box. It showed up right away, and seems to be a bit distorted on my end.

Let's try another...............

P3041192

OK.........this one's looking fine from my end. Might have been the way the first pic was originally loaded. Anyway, that seems to be the way to go to get pics to show here from Fotki. I have a Photobucket account, and I'll see how that method works here shortly.

Me too, as are several others here.

Kevin, the squashed view went away after I adjusted my screen resolution a bit. Lately as the 'ol eyes get older, I have to "blow things up" so I can see them. The 'Vette appeared squashed too at first. but once I backed off on the resolution, it looked normal as I originally uploaded it.

Here's a pic from Photobucket...............

photo P9304255.jpg

No I didn't build this! This is a Danbury Mint I once had but sold a few years ago. :P

Seems to work with them also!