Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Site/Forum Look

You're getting there Gregg. ;) I've seen a change from round avatars back to the square avatars in just the time I've been on here. Like the Who's Chatting feature, events etc. to the right of the page. Get the preview thingee and allow us to turn off the email notifications, I think you'll have it.

Shoot.

I thought I had the email notification thingee fixed.

shoot

The one thing I miss and found helpful was the "new content" off to the right that shows the new topics,I see the new content button above but it looks like I get all new content including comments to old post,I tried playing around with it to narrow it down but still not getting it or is there something I am doing wrong?

Still having to log in every time i want to add a reply to a thread. Any ideas?  

Someone said it could be you have to sync all your browsers.

Donʻt know about this yet.

For new content, I love the new content now

You can sort by so many options: topics, posts, stuff you did, stuff you follow, etc.

You can mark forum read, and that would clear it all out, I thunk

I working on more this morning.

Anyone having trouble uploading stuff?  It keeps telling me I need a title and to write something/add pics because it's a required field, when I already have filled it out.

I don't know what I did, but I finally got it to post.  It kept telling me to fill out required fields that I'd already filled out.  :huh: 

Everything works, i have not hand any trouble with the new system. Thanks for the forum and the new look and hard work. Just a question will the friends list in our profile ever come back.???

Did you add tags to a post?

Something needs done w/ the mobile format if possible. It's glitchy.

Once you hit the button to check out your notifications (quotes and private messages) You have no way of getting out of that slide out side bar. Besides navigating to the website all over. 

Also mobile seems to be missing the "mark site as read" feature. 

Outside of work I only post and view the forum from my phone except for some very rare times.

I'm using an android phone. Stock android web browser. Samsung Galaxy S4

I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy S5 using the chrome browser, which is the only one I have on my phone. I cleared the browser history, cookies etc but the site formats for a desktop and not a mobile device and won't even let me pull up my profile or sign in. I too view the site mainly on my phone.

If you're having problems with the site, you should try these two things first:

1. Clear your browser cache. This has been fixing some of the weird problems. Also, as we fix stuff with the theme, the cache may go out of date, but not update on your computer or device.
  2. Ensure that cookies are enabled for this site. They use them to maintain your login info, among other things.