Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Site/Forum Look

I can put up attachments just fine... the button is there, the functions are there, it's just when I add the link to the image and click to add it into the post, all I get is circle, circle... no dot dot, no cootie shot. It was working fine last week- I just noticed it last night. I've tried all the old fixes that worked in the past (clear cache, enable cookies, etc..), and still nada. 

I've come upon another little interesting glitch. Upon the site directing me to an "error 404" page and dumping my response, I logged out (yes, I HAD saved the response in MS Word before hitting the "submit post" button).

When I logged back on later and tried to enter the saved response in the thread, when I clicked on "reply to this topic", my post that had been 'lost' came up in its entirety...leading me to believe this software DOES have the ability to save a post for editing or preview, if we just knew how to turn it on, or to access it intentionally.

That said, when I tried to post the response, the site again took me to the "error 404" page without allowing the post to actually post.

I did some changes to image settings

see if that works, helps, or makes it worser.

Still waiting for response from tech on other issues

I just did the image post from URL

worked for me

did take squirrel a bit to find the tree....

Wagon1.jpg

Photo upload test ?

image.jpg

Don, you're going to have to send me this Alfa.

I need to see it in person.... :-)

info?

I know, you probably did a full post/thread here, but I'm new, so forgive me... 

I did some changes to image settings

see if that works, helps, or makes it worser.

Still waiting for response from tech on other issues

I just did the image post from URL

worked for me

did take squirrel a bit to find the tree....

Wagon1.jpg

Photo upload test ?

image.jpg

Don, you're going to have to send me this Alfa.

I need to see it in person.... :-)

info?

I know, you probably did a full post/thread here, but I'm new, so forgive me... 

Thank You for the compliment Gregg ?

This kit is manufactured by REVIVAL of Italy they are rather trick to assemble for the instructions are very vague 

the screws are the size of what you would find in  a Swiss Watch ?

REVIVAL website list these kits for around $200.00 but look around and shop and and get a Deal for about $125.00

They take a lot of Patience but if painted correctly they become a Beautiful Model of a wonderful Subject of the Past 

Again Thanks for your Interest 

XJ6?

Well, at least I know now I'm not crazy!

Been trying to post photos from Photobucket all week Using the "insert other media" button, & all I get is that annoying, hypnotic swirling pain in the rear end!

Hope this can be fixed soon.

I really hate posting from my computer files!

Worked just great right after the change over to the new layout. Something obviously happened since then. Still works fine on other sites.

Steve

Alright, let's see if this works....................

P7122376

Looks like I still have to "right click" and copy the image........then I can paste it here. I'm going to stay with that method for me as it's the least crazy making. :wacko:

I still get the endless "swirly ball" if I try to insert the URL into the "Insert Image From URL".................

I know older browsers are problematic, but just in case you wanted to look into it...

I use IE8 on my Monday/Wed/Fri computer and I can't reply to topics or send PMs. I turned off compatibility view and that allows me to see everything perfectly, but when I try to reply there is just the gray bar with "Notify me of replies" and no white screen in which to type.

Also, anywhere there is an arrow dropdown (User Profile, Create, etc.) I can't activate the dropdown.

Thanks for the new look and all you do to keep this great forum up and running!

I don't seem able to edit quotes. If a post has a long body of text, and some pictures and so on, and I only want to comment on a small part of it - Then I used to be able to remove unwanted sections of the quoted post. Is there a way to do this that I don't know about. 

The "Name that tune" tread in the community forum is a good example of how things can easily get messy and out of hand.

Thanks

I can't post Fotki images either.  The "Insert other media" method worked fine after the transition but not now.  Watched the spiral for a full (2) minutes and the image wouldn't open/upload.

JC right click the picture , copy image,insert where you type your post.DSC04827

I can't post Fotki images either.  The "Insert other media" method worked fine after the transition but not now.  Watched the spiral for a full (2) minutes and the image wouldn't open/upload.

JC right click the picture , copy image,insert where you type your post.DSC04827

Ken that works but I wonder if the photo then counts as an "attachment"  Every member has a finite data limit for the total number of "attachments"

66ELCO

Hmm ... Draggon, that method does seem to work.  Wonder what we're doing wrong.  ;-)

We're not doing anything wrong.

There is a website problem that needs fixing.

There are all sorts of ways to fudge our way through getting photos on here, but they're not the correct way.

I'm sure the moderators are working on the problem & will have things up & running again in short order.

I can post photos on every other site on the planet the "normal" way from photobucket, I'm confident we'll all be able to do the same here soon.

Steve

Dont know, but yesterday I did a drag and drop and it stopped me at 4 pictures stating limit was reached. I then posted it and started another thread to post 1 more picture. It took the 1 picture put it with the other 4 making 1 thread .with 5 pictures :unsure:

66ELCO

Hmm ... Draggon, that method does seem to work.  Wonder what we're doing wrong.  ;-)

We're not doing anything wrong.

There is a website problem that needs fixing.

There are all sorts of ways to fudge our way through getting photos on here, but they're not the correct way.

I'm sure the moderators are working on the problem & will have things up & running again in short order.

I can post photos on every other site on the planet the "normal" way from photobucket, I'm confident we'll all be able to do the same here soon.

Steve

Exactly, Steve

URL]